Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2002 11:45:33 AM EDT
I've added both a green follower and new USGI springs to a couple of my mags and am still having some FTL's with them.  It's not every round, usually 2-3 per mag.  I can't see anything on the lip that might be catching the round, they look just like the rest of my mags that function flawlessly.  Anything else I can try?
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The follower does go up and down smoothly.  It seems to always be on the first round, the 10th round and another one about 25 or 26.  I had one round yesterday where the bullet had almost been pushed all the way back into the brass.  The feed failure is that the round is just not clearing the mag.  I have to pull the charging handle back and then release it again in order to pick up the round.  Thanks for the help!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a similar problem recently with a beat-up ol' mag.  The curved area where the feed lips meet the back "spine" of the mag was slightly distorted.  The more rounds the thing was loaded with, the rounds would start to "nose down" and barely clear the front edge of the mag.  After fifteen or so rounds loaded, releasing the bolt would cause the rounds to slam into the barrel extension and push the bullet back into the case.

I managed to sorta fix this one with needle nose pliers, but I'll gladly crush and save this mag when somebody starts selling replacement pre-ban mag bodies.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top