AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2014 6:34:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
So whats it cost $5.50 a round?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Its all black or black with white tips.  Its pretty sexy at least.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs bullets heavier than 60 gr.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Needs bullets heavier than 60 gr.
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. The description says "John Noveske always dreamed of creating a line of high quality ammunition tuned to his rifles." Considering all of Noveskes 5.56 barrels are 1:7 twist, I would've thought a heavier, longer bullet would be better for accuracy than a 55 or 60gr. Admittedly I'm not a ammo/ballistic expert but it was always my understanding that barrels with a faster twist stabilized longer bullets better and therefore were more accurate with them compared to shorter/lighter bullets? Am I correct in thinking this?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I also was surprised by the 5.56 bullet weights.

Remember Nosler makes a kick ass 64gr and a excellent 77 gr. ..... but remember Noveske makes their "Varmageddon AR " rifle .. which is built around the 55gr Varmageddon ammo

Fitted with top-of-line components and features like the new NSR™ handguard, and Magpul® furniture, as well as a match-grade Noveske barrel, the newly named Varmageddon Rifle cut clover-leaf groups at the range with Nosler Varmageddon Ammunition. Both Nosler and Noveske being Oregon based companies, Leupold® optics out of Portland, Oregon were an easy choice to mount atop this tack-driving rifle. A special VX3® 4.5-14x50mm Long Range Varmageddon edition scope that featured Leupold's recently developed CDS turret system was created to match the trajectory of the 55gr. Varmageddon bullet, providing shooters with dead-on holds to 550 yards.

http://www.nosler.com/varmageddon-ar/
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:06:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks more like a fan boy marketing play.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
That is just a clone of "Tactical Blacktical" ammo.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure they picked that weight to get the most out of the crowd.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top