Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/24/2013 7:33:54 AM EDT
So, I had some discontinued Remington 115 CTFB 300 Blackout on backorder at Midway.   They just cancelled my backorder stating that this product has been discontinued.

Anyone know if Reminton had ended production of this ammo or if Midway just dropped it? Is the market for affordable 300 blk shrinking instead of expanding?

I am hand loading 147gr M80 pulls but wanted some factory supersonic ammo that wasn't $1 a round....
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:57:42 AM EDT
[#1]
EDIT:  Post below me seems to know more about the actual production.  Good to know.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#2]
No, this is not just a shift in production- that goes on all the time without SKUs being discontinued.  This is an actual full stop on the UMC 115gr in its current form.  Remington is reportedly "retooling" the load and won't be putting any new FMJ(-ish) ammo out until spring of 2014 at the earliest, according to Robert Silvers, when a completely different UMC supersonic plinking load is released.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 1:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, this is not just a shift in production- that goes on all the time without SKUs being discontinued.  This is an actual full stop on the UMC 115gr in its current form.  Remington is reportedly "retooling" the load and won't be putting any new FMJ(-ish) ammo out until spring of 2014 at the earliest, according to Robert Silvers, when a completely different UMC supersonic plinking load is released.
View Quote

That is what I read as well on 300BLKTalk.

It sucks as that was the only load that was affordable so the promise of "cheap" plinking ammo for the last few years seems to be a bit incorrect.

I am glad I reload or I would be pissed off at having to spend $1/rd to plink.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine got canceled as well.  Have to agree with above.  Most of my build decision on this 300BLK upper was due to cabela's and Midway carrying the $10 boxes of 100gr Rem.

Also reloading now so it's not as much of a downer as it could have been.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:04:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Plenty of 300 blk in the $0.60-0.70 range.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please enlighten us as to where this ammo fairy exists.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

500rnd Bulk pack of 300 AAC Blackout ammunition. 147gr FMJ 1920fps. $299.99 after coupon. Use code "300blk" at checkout.

link
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top