Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:39:26 AM EDT
Academy has Monarch .223 55gr FMJ on sale for $4.86 a box/20.i bought 300 rds.BUT,i noticed when i got home that it seemed to be laquer coated (was not previously) and its made in Russa now,not Srebia who also made the PRVI Partisan stuff too i think.anyway im gonna shoot it this sat. so Ill update on how it is.but for $.24 a round i bet i wont complain.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:00:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I went to my local Academy tonight to check out their ammo prices based on your post. Unfortunately, the Monarch .223 55 grain ammo is $7.86 per box (green box of 20), while the 7.62 x 39 Monarch ammo was $4.86 per box. I sneaked open a box of the .223 stuff and it was normal brass-cased stuff. I even asked the guy at the counter if the .223 ammo was on sale, and he said it was not.

Do you have your calibers mixed up? Is the ammo you have really 7.62 x 39mm, i.e., the kind you shoot in an AK?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I went to my local Academy tonight to check out their ammo prices based on your post. Unfortunately, the Monarch .223 55 grain ammo is $7.86 per box (green box of 20), while the 7.62 x 39 Monarch ammo was $4.86 per box. I sneaked open a box of the .223 stuff and it was normal brass-cased stuff. I even asked the guy at the counter if the .223 ammo was on sale, and he said it was not.

Do you have your calibers mixed up? Is the ammo you have really 7.62 x 39mm, i.e., the kind you shoot in an AK?

Same as the one here, same prices and cases
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:08:07 AM EDT
[#3]
its .223 for sure.on the shelf its priced at $7.67 or something like that but at the register it rang up as $4.86.its a blue box now just like the 7.62 rounds,not green anymore,looks to be laquer coated and is sealed at the primer and the crimp around the bullet.just in case ask them to price check it for you cause the person i asked didnt know it was on sale either,it just rang up that way.BTW this stuff was awsome.its very clean,i never had a jam,misfire,or any problems at all.i liked it so much i went back yesterday and purchaced ALL they had leftthis stuff is VERY good ammo.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top