Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 2:10:17 AM EDT
Still at Natchez.  I like the ammo.  Good price IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks, just ordered some.  

I like Natchez.  On a side note, they're sold out of CCI Blazer 9mm--probably something to do with the $14.56 WWB price at walmart.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Not anymore, just raised price to 5.99/box.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Why doesn't this surprise me?  Can you say PRICE GOUGE?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why doesn't this surprise me?  Can you say PRICE GOUGE?

That's right, they should drop their price to $2.99 a box, let you buy it all at a net loss to them, and then have nothing to sell.

"Gougers" (as the econotards like to call them) can only "gouge" so long as there is someone out there with an open check book, ready and waiting to BE "gouged."  When people stop FREELY CHOOSING to be "gouged," the "gougers" necessarily go out of business.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That was a retarded reply.

How do we know that it's costing them more?  We don't.  I'm assuming it's gouging due to their sudden change in price.  They probably realized they priced to low due to everyone else hiking their prices as well and the rush of orders.  I'm preaching to the choir here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well it was this morning when I ordered.  I just got the "processed" email saying it shipped.  Still shows $4.99.  
I love Natchez  Never had a problem with them.

I will check my credit card though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently made my first purchase from Natchez...good to hear you guys have good experiences. I ordered 1,000 rounds of Federal AE 55gr FMJ @ $5.25 a box on Feb. 25. By Feb. 26 they were sold out and the price is now $5.99 a box.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, that may be the last time I mention the prices on a forum.  I did buy some about three weeks ago for 4.99.

I do wonder about this.  If they experienced a big surge in demand, then they raised the price.  Damn capitalists.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Man, that may be the last time I mention the prices on a forum.  I did buy some about three weeks ago for 4.99.

I do wonder about this.  If they experienced a big surge in demand, then they raised the price.  Damn capitalists.

How dare they.  Tell you what, just IM the good prices to me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:48:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
That was a retarded reply.

How do we know that it's costing them more?  We don't.  I'm assuming it's gouging due to their sudden change in price.  They probably realized they priced to low due to everyone else hiking their prices as well and the rush of orders.  I'm preaching to the choir here.

Oh, ok.  Their prices are exactly the same.  Their suppliers are charging what they did a year ago.  And nobody.........NOBODY........else has figured out to order from the suppliers at that really low price, undercut Natchez, and make a KILLING.

Uh huh.

The market for ammo, at least for us on these message boards, is a very unique one.  In it, we approach "perfect information," something that many economists believe does not exist.

There is no shortage of buyers.
There is no shortage of sellers.
We have very good knowledge of what dozens of sellers across the country are offering as prices.
We know everything there is to know about the ammo they're offering.

In a market where buyers and sellers both have perfect information, you can be assured, ceteris paribus, that the supply, demand, and price will be set where it should.

We are not being GOUGED.  Sellers are charging as much as they can while still selling their inventory.  If they charged more, sales would slow.  If they charged less, they would be sold out quickly.

By the way, preaching to the choir means arguing with someone who already agrees with you.  I don't agree with you.  All of the other people on the boards with common sense who recognize that "price gouging" is just a catchy phrase people use to bitch when they want cheaper prices are not the choir either.

I'm not so sure you have a choir.

Nobody likes high prices.  That doesn't mean the prices are UNFAIR.  But "gouging" implies both dishonesty and unfairness.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#11]
they are not gouging.  just trying to make a living.  anyone on the board could go ahead to set up an ammo shop and order all the ammo they wanted to sell.  we have not done that, the business have done that.  my hats are off to them for trying to make an honest living.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm surpised this thread hasn't been locked yet...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:06:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Oops - didn't notice this thread. Dupe: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=313837
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top