Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 5:35:36 PM EDT
Last time i shot this ammo for groups in this carbine i was not very impressed with the accuracy. The groups were averaging 3.45" at 100M. ETA: it averaged 2.27" with Fed XM193 (Lot #6).

Well i recently installed a 2pc MI FF Handguard and wanted to see if it made a noticeable difference in accuracy.

First group was fired at 50M because i wasnt even sure i would be on paper after pulling the brl and installing the new handguards. The 50M group measured 1.04"

I moved the target back to 100M and fired two more groups which measured 1.47" and 2.40" so it appears the new FF handguards made a measurable improvement.

The rest of the day was spend ringing the 200M & 300M gongs with boring regularity.

Oh, its a 16" 1:7 Chrome lined DPMS M4 profile with AS trigger, LMT stock, MI FF handguards and TA31.  A sleeping bag stuffed in a stuff sack was used as a rest.

I have other rifle and ammo combos that shoot much better. But it was interesting for me to see how much difference the FF handguards really made.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top