Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2007 2:02:46 PM EDT
Back in November or so I ordered a case of the Wolf/Prvi battlepacked .223 for $209, and it went on backorder. In early January I got the dreaded canceled order e-mail stating that they were not going to be getting any more in. This month they put it back up for sale for $319. I still had the hardcopy showing the backordered price so I dropped them a line stating that I would be forwarding it to the Texas State Attorney Generals Office and the US Post Office Fraud Division. I received a e-mail back stating that they could not honor the original price but that they could offer me $20 off the $319 price. I laughed and told them no thanks but that I was still going to send all the info to the SAG and the USPO. A day later I received another e-mail stating that they could honor the $209 price on one case. It has been shipped and will arrive on Friday. I would bet that the mention of the USPO Fraud Division had more effect than the AGs office.

Hell, all I originally wanted was a case of battlepacked ammo to stick in the closet since I did not have any in .223

At least the little guy got SOME satisfaction this time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
And a cyber pat on the back for you.  Well done.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job but curiousity is bugging me.  Why would the USPO have anything to do with it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
They may have a website but they are a mail order catalog company.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They may have a website but they are a mail order catalog company.

I see.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad to see someone hosed Squirtsman's Guide right back for a change!

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:01:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good job but curiousity is bugging me.  Why would the USPO have anything to do with it?

+1 Please Explain
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:08:35 AM EDT
[#7]

. I would bet that the mention of the USPO Fraud Division had more effect than the AGs office.

Don't under estimate the ferocity of an AG's office. They are like a pack of Wolves. Once they get a hold of you it is impossible to escape!!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Notify them anyway
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Good job.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Hooo-yahhhh!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Last week I ordered 1400rds or so of 223 wolf, and knew it was backordered. This week I get an email saying my card was declined (Ive got enough $ in that account to buy about 30,000rds!)... Its not in stock so why'd they try to charge me now. They said Id have to place my order again. I didnt bother to check but if I went back Id probably see a price increase on those rds.

I just order my ammo from Cabelas and Midway now. They are great to deal with and dont jack people around. Plus Cabelas gives you those plastic ammo cans with a big enough order and they are great for storing stuff anyways.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Good job.

I got burned on my last SG order. My online order confirmation and Email order confirmation both showed the correct order total of $189.92. But SG charged my CC $269.72, and overcharge of $72.80.

I'm disputing the charges with discover.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top