Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:08:19 PM EDT
I just bought some. Headstamp says LC 05 and has NATO Cross it is the 55grn FMJBT. Is this good ammo? should I get more at $ 4.50 a box
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Yes and Yes
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Just noticed that was your first post.  Welcome.  When you buy A&E 223 your never sure if your going to get Federal brass or LC.  LC is preferred.  A&E has always been good, reliable ammo and for $4.50 a box buy it till it hurts.  Ammo prices are getting out of sight.  Check the ammo price list, it's a sticky on the top of the ammo section.  Check out the prices and you will be happy with your find.  Good luck and again, WELCOME
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been lurking for quite a while. Learning all I can. Thanks for the welcomes, I have found another home.Ammo slut/whore in training
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 2:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just noticed that was your first post.  Welcome.  When you buy A&E 223 your never sure if your going to get Federal brass or LC.  LC is preferred.  A&E has always been good, reliable ammo and for $4.50 a box buy it till it hurts.  Ammo prices are getting out of sight.  Check the ammo price list, it's a sticky on the top of the ammo section.  Check out the prices and you will be happy with your find.  Good luck and again, WELCOME

How come the LC brass is preferred over the Federal? Are they both reloadable?
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 3:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for your help.

they are both reloadable but the LC if 5.56 brass and is generally regarded as better than AE  made brass.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:35:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for your help.

As a reloader, I prefer the Federal brass over the LC simply because of the primer crimp on the LC brass. Since the Federal brass doesn't have it, it requires less prep time (primer pocket swaging).
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 5:07:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for your help.

As a reloader, I prefer the Federal brass over the LC simply because of the primer crimp on the LC brass. Since the Federal brass doesn't have it, it requires less prep time (primer pocket swaging).

+1  LC brass although good, is a pain in the ass to prep.  But Federal brass doesn't hold up very well.  The primer pockets are really loose.

My favorite is the UMC brass.  Never needs trimming on the first loading.  I found a hundred or so UMC cases at the range Sunday!  w00t!
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I've changed the title of the "Federal .223 cal" ammunition review to "Federal/American Eagle .223 cal".

Not that I expect anyone to read the ammo review FAQ though.

What is this Ammo Review FAQ you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:13:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't know.  He's delirious again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just bought some. Headstamp says LC 05 and has NATO Cross it is the 55grn FMJBT. Is this good ammo? should I get more at $ 4.50 a box

Used to be my best range/plinking ammo till the price went up. At 4 bucks a box buy it all. Its awsome stuff.
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 12:31:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've changed the title of the "Federal .223 cal" ammunition review to "Federal/American Eagle .223 cal".

Thank you - as a noob, I was looking at the ammo forum and FAQ for the first time a few weeks ago.  Had been seeing the American Eagle at good prices, but wondered why it wasn't listed.  Took me a while to figure out which thread it was under.
Link Posted: 1/4/2007 3:49:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I keep hearing about this "ammo FAQ" thing but I think he's just making it up, Ive never seen it.  Where is it if there is one  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top