Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 2:41:23 AM EDT
Hopefully someone can help me out here.  I mainly shoot wolf 55grn since it's cheap, but my primary defensive ammo is xm193.  I'd shoot that to sight in, but it's so hard to get xm193 nowadays that I don't want to waste it.

So my question is that if I have my scope sighted in for 50 yards with Wolf 55grn, where will the point of impact be with xm193?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Out of my 16.5" Mini-14 with a 100yd sight-in range for both the Wolf polymer coated 55gr FMJ & Winchester Q3131 I show a 1" deviation in POI at 25yds. HTH...
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:36:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd estimate ~ 1.5" lower
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:10:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Just shoot 3rds?

I wouldnt change your sight/scope
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hopefully someone can help me out here.  I mainly shoot wolf 55grn since it's cheap, but my primary defensive ammo is xm193.  I'd shoot that to sight in, but it's so hard to get xm193 nowadays that I don't want to waste it.

So my question is that if I have my scope sighted in for 50 yards with Wolf 55grn, where will the point of impact be with xm193?

1 box of 20 should be more than enough to allow you to change zero (and it will tell you how far off the two are).

Certainly you can afford to shoot 1 box?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1 box of 20 should be more than enough to allow you to change zero (and it will tell you how far off the two are).

While I definately agree w/ Forest's comments, IF the comments in highlited red are true, you'd already know the difference..........

You sir, are FOS.

Mike

ps - it can't be your SHTF or go-to ammo IF ya ain't shot any of it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

While I definately agree w/ Forest's comments, IF the comments in highlited red are true, you'd already know the difference..........

You sir, are FOS.

Mike

ps - it can't be your SHTF or go-to ammo IF ya ain't shot any of it.

I'm sorry, did you wish to contribute something meaningful?  Does you mom know that you're using the computer without her permission?  Stay out of my threads unless you have something worthwhile to say.  Or better yet, just stay out.  You sir, are FOS.

Thanks to all of you that did help.  I shoot mainly wolf since it so cheap and can be found everywhere.  I've ran a bunch of xm193 at the range, but since I sighted my new scope I haven't and I was wondering about how close I'd be with the xm193.  And since I can't get to the range every single day or even every week, I thought that I would ask.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top