Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 7:41:31 AM EDT
I saw a short blurb in shotgun news that they are going to make a 75 grain load for the civilian market loaded to 5.56 pressures. Did anyone else see this?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The 75gr load is listed in the 2006 catalog under the Wolf Gold ammo:

www.wolfammo.com/Wolf_Ammo_Catalog2006.pdf

Looks interesting if the price is right. I could not find pricing information.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont think its going to be Nato pressure/5.56mm?

I was told by GUNWRITR? but for got the FPS out of 20incher? But its up there
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I just hope they'll price it right. If so, and it offers good terminal performance, Wolf could own the 556 ammo market.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It was 2750fps out of a 20".  If they are measuring NATO pressures at the chamber, then they didn't use the right powder because that is the same speed seen from Hornady TAP 75gr .223 out of a 20".  My guess is there was an error playing the telephone game and they are measuring .223 pressures that correspond with the .223 velocities they quoted.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top