Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 6:08:22 AM EDT
Besides the head stamp 04    Nato crosss only?

All my Blue box 77 ammo  is marked 68gr. with blue sticker over it saying 77gr.?

Is this common!

I compared a  Federal 69gr. bthp to the 77gr.bthp cant tell the difference

but thats only 8grs

And then I find the sticker?

Maybe I will pull one to check out?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked a box 75 gr. that had a sticker showing the "75 GR MATCH HP and bar code all in one".  I think they had the 68 gr boxes printed and just put the new stickers over it and the old bar code.

Leonard

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
thats what Im thinking?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I compared a  Federal 69gr. bthp to the 77gr.bthp cant tell the difference

That is because both are loaded to mag length, and have the same ogive, therefore, will look damned near identical on a loaded cartridge.  Pull a bullet.  77's are longer.

I imagine they just printed too many of one box type.  I am surprised they dont use a sticker for all their ammo types and lot numbers.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#4]
BY HAND WIEGHT!!! Im not stupid!

anyway I used my Hammer and its 77gr Longer than the 69gr. but still hard to tell by Hand
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 on the sticker and blank box!!

btw should said above hand weight
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top