Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:07:17 PM EDT
I will soon be the owner of a #5 Enfield "Jungle Carbine" and I need a source for ammo, preferably surplus because it is cheaper.

I know ammo isnt as widely available compared to the 8mm Mauser ammo all over the market but ANY help is apreciated-
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
The only place I've seen surplus .303 recently is Sportsmans Guide, and they're all out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I buy the PMC, I have not had good Surplus in a few years.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Wolf, PRVI-Partisan, Hotshot, S&B

All are good, reloadable and well-made commercial MkVII loadings. All are under $9 a box mail-order.

Until some better .303 comes in, that's your best and only option unless you reload.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
call my guy he has pleanty of surplus & the new wolf his # 845 227 4100
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:35:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Samco has lots of 303 surplus and they're in FL.  Check them out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I purchased some a few weeks ago but have not had a chance to try it out. I sure hope it is not the "bad" stuff.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I will soon be the owner of a #5 Enfield "Jungle Carbine" and I need a source for ammo, preferably surplus because it is cheaper.

I know ammo isnt as widely available compared to the 8mm Mauser ammo all over the market but ANY help is apreciated-

You might want to avoid surplus .303 from Greece, England and any former ComBloc country. I understand, from the Enfield shooters forums that they generally used corrosive primers
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You might want to avoid surplus .303 from Greece, England and any former ComBloc country. I understand, from the Enfield shooters forums that they generally used corrosive primers

Actually, the Greek milsurp .303 with "HXP" headstamp was top notch ammo.  Noncorrosive and Boxer primed, reloadable.  If you see any, buy it.  I wish this hadn't dried up.  I concur WRT to English and Paki .303, especially the latter.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nothing at all wrong with Greek or Brit surplus, as was said above the HXP Greek is hands down the finest surplus ammo made in .303. Most brit stuff is excellent, unless it's old cordite stuff.

Corrosive ammo is a bolt gun is so easy to clean I still shake my head that anyone would avoid it. Put some water down the barrel to flush it out, clean off the bolt head, then clean the gun as normal. I've shot tens of thousands of rounds of corrosive ammo, and I've yet to experience one bit of rust or problems.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top