Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:50:31 PM EDT
What is the deal with  the .308 Indian ammo. Is it more than just pulling out the bad rounds? It is just to be used as plinking ammo........Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
dont worry soon it will be 10.00 for 1,000. I still will not buy it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Do a search.  I know I have seen 2 kabooms with this ammo.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I have heard, the quality control really went down hill after the american company turned the factory over to India. Alot of the ammo was not stored well, some were double loads, creased necks, and very inconsistant etc... I won't trust it anymore after the problems I have heard of. However, I did fire 100rds through my CETME a couple years ago without any problems but it wasn't too accurate either. It's just not worth the risk. Dispose of it or get some SA .308 instead.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do a web search. The problems with that ammo go much deeper than just picking out bad rounds. Caveat Emptor.

Thank you all...message received...buyer beware. Perish the thought........done. Question answered!!! The elders have spoken...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:05:25 AM EDT
[#6]
i hear what you guys are saying, but the people over at Falfiles are falling all over this stuff.  they are saying it's boxer primed and NC.  one guy bought 20 cans.  they're saying the ofv 73 & 74 is pretty good stuff.  you won't have a chance to buy it at $10/can, they've been selling 30K/day and had about 300K when the sale started.  at those prices, it's component prices.

i bought 2 cans, but i don't think i am keeping them.

Craig
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top