AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 5:52:22 PM EDT
As Posted on Ammomans Site;

308 NATO U.S. MILITARY LAKE CITY 7.62x51
PACKED LOOSE - BRAND NEW AMMO
MADE AT THE MILITARY ARSENAL

MANUFACTURED IN 2004
SOME OF THE BRASS MIGHT HAVE DIFFERENT DATES BUT ALL AMMO WAS MANUFACTURED LAST MONTH

ALL CURRENT U.S. MILITARY AMMO IS BOXER PRIMED AND NON CORROSIVE AND NATO HEADSTAMPED

Is this ammo any good? Being loose packed it strikes me as a PD equivalent for 7.62x51, would I be better off buying SA stuff from AIM? Any thought or opinions are appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]

As of yet,  I have not heard anything negative about the ammo.  Just that it shoots pretty

good . . . . . .

I wouldn't exactly compare it to the 5.56 PD ammo either.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered this ammo twice from Eric.  I went throught the first 500 no problems.  Used it to break in new AR10. The brass is slightly discolored but shoots great.  It is reloadable too.  No major dents or case problems in either lot.  I haven't shot any from the second lot.

I think this is the .308 equivilent of XM 5.56 ammo.  It's a little expensive for plinking.  For cheap ammo you can't beat the SA stuff from AIM.  The SA ammo is just a little more dirty but packed better for storage.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#3]
no problems here after 1,500 rounds
ETA: good guy and fast shipping. NJ to MN in 4-5 days. Ordered on Monday and almost always get it by thursday
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
god plinking ammo,marked for training use only
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top