can someone please tell me about this stuff
do they really have plastic bullets?
and what does that mean in terms of performance etc
thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot it. It will NOT cycle in 14.5 or 16in. ARs
unless you have an adjustable gas block. But it is
an excellent product, Fragments as promised.
And yes it is "plastic".
myit
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen a few box of these. This round will not cycle AR-15 action (not even Mini-14) and the reason for this is to make a more "effective" non-lethal round then the rubber bullet. I wouldn't use that for any meaningful work.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
i read in Special Forces and Operations Magazine that it's dipped in pig fat during manufacture.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#4]
no cycly -- less powder?
what am i missing?

btw thanks for the replies
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
no cycly -- less powder?
what am i missing?

Like I said, AFAIK it's for non-lethal application, was design as single shot only just like rubber bullet round, never meant to be able to cycle semi-auto action.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
no cycly -- less powder?
what am i missing?

Why would you even consider using this?  If you have to grab your AR for serious social work, why would you want a round designed to wound?  Shoot somebody with that stuff as Joe Sixpack, homeowner, and you will be owned.

Link

ETA:  Link
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
i wasnt really considering using it for home defense (defence) lol
just wondering about them
and figured id axe the <sic> experts
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i read in Special Forces and Operations Magazine that it's dipped in pig fat during manufacture.

ar-jedi

Really? That you make it high traif and so the good jewish soldiers of the IDF woudln't be able to touch it.

You really shouldn't believe everything you read or hear you know.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#9]
It's not for "anti terrorism".  Unless the terrorist you are shooting is a pesky raccoon or opossum...

It's low power plastic training ammo for reduced range/indoor target practice.  It won't cycle unless you have the special bolt for plastic training ammo.  The projectile is molded plastic with what looks like copper powder in it.

I made the mistake of buying 100 rounds of it... save your money.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top