Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 1:26:50 AM EDT
Anybody try this ammo and what kind of performance can I expect with it. I plan to buy a 500 rd. case to use thru my Glock 23 and Sig 2340 for self defense. TIA
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Being how this ammo is developed for law enforcement use I would expect it to perform without any surprises.  I have never fired any of it myself because I cannot find a source to obtain it.  I would not hesitate to use it for my carry ammo once I confirmed where it hits with regards to the point of aim.

I really don't think anyone could go wrong with 155gr. JHP for the .40 where the application is self defense no matter what major brand you use.  I'd love to know a source for this stuff......
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Being how this ammo is developed for law enforcement use I would expect it to perform without any surprises.  I have never fired any of it myself because I cannot find a source to obtain it. I would not hesitate to use it for my carry ammo once I confirmed where it hits with regards to the point of aim.

I really don't think anyone could go wrong with 155gr. JHP for the .40 where the application is self defense no matter what major brand you use.  I'd love to know a source for this stuff......

You can get a 500rd case of Winchester Ranger 155gr. .40 S&W from CDNN
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:03:03 AM EDT
[#3]
[email protected]

Jerry is a great guy to deal with, awesome service.

Get him to send you a price list.

I use the 165 grain Ranger SXT, terrific accurate stuff out of my BHP 40 S&W, and the 127 grain for my HK P7s, very very accurate.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top