Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2005 5:53:59 PM EDT
Rant mode on... This rant may be a better fit for the legal forum, but the people that need to be reached are here.

While I'm not unfortunate enough to live within the city limits of Chicago, I'm still stuck in Cook County, and probably will be for some time.  I notice that lots of ammo dealers, such as Sportsman's Guide, CTD, Impact Guns, AIM, and some EE sellers say that they won't ship to Cook Co.  So, let me just take a moment to say this...

There is *NO* county ordinance that prohibits ammo shipments, only city ordinances in Chicago and a small handful of screwy suburbs.  You are losing large numbers of potential customers like myself due to needless shipping policies.

Packing.org's IL gun law reference PDF, in a nice easy-to-read grid.  This shows which towns have horse-crap laws in place, so you can just refuse to ship to them rather than throw the baby out with the proverbial bathwater.

I guess if I found a really killer deal, I could have my dad order it to his place downstate, but otherwise this nonsense makes me have to shop around more than I need to rather than spend my money where I'd like.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:24:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Why don't you fax this information to the ammo dealers you listed in your post?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:25:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Delete.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:26:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you fax this information to the ammo dealers you listed in your post?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top