Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 10:54:52 AM EDT
Simple question about these.  Since you can normally pick up around 1000 rounds for $225 on average, what would you use for general purpose target shooting 50 & 100 yards.  I have a 14.5" barrel w/ 1.9 twist.

I want to stock up on some ammo but so far I have only fired around 200 rounds of bhbb.  It worked fine, no problems with it at all.  
I guess my other question is the XM193 a "hotter" load?

It looks like most people like both brands of ammo here, but if you had to choose between the two for the exact same price, which would you buy and reason?

And yes I have been reading the ammo oracle too.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Mainly I want ammo to shoot, whether it be just targets or whatever.  Since they cost the same, I guess it doens't really matter.
I only want a couple of boxes of stuff to store when TSHTF.  

I also see a some IMI M855 for sale sometimes but it doesn't state if it is green tip or has a steel core inside.  I am not sure if M855 is all green tip just by stating that it is M855.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
XM193 is hotter than BHBB.
XM193 is 5.56 mil spec, BHBB is 223 Rem a lower pressure.
I would use which ever your rifle likes best accuracy wise.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 2:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Try some BBBH side by side with the XM193 and see what gives the best accuracy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:06:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I get tighter groups out of the black hills.  However, if the SHTF the bad guy is not going to complain that you had a 1.5" group on his chest rather than a 1" group.  So my consideration would be storage space.  You can get a lot more XM193 in the same space it would take to store the blue boxes.  

R.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I am going to wait until the ammoman gets more of m193 in stock and then order some.  I will also compare them side by side for accuracy, but I need something for long term storage.  Granted it won't be in water, just sitting in the closet, but when I need it to go bang, it better.
What do you guys think about getting ammo from gun shows?  I have never had a reason to go, but now I do.  Is ammo usually priced reasonably or is it really jacked up?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top