Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 11:28:13 PM EDT
basic plinking and blasting stuff.  Wolf costs the same in both.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Train with the same grain that you intend or may anticipate defending yourself and family with. Barrel twist 1x9 and 1x7 are fine with either, but again stay consistant, 1x12 use 55 grain or less only.

What im saying is POA will shift with diffirent grains, so dont shift.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:31:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Train with the same grain that you intend or may anticipate defending yourself and family with. Barrel twist 1x9 and 1x7 are fine with either, but again stay consistant, 1x12 use 55 grain or less only.

What im saying is POA will shift with diffirent grains, so dont shift.

words to live by my friend!  absolutely
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]
The 62 grain is a lot more accurate.  I have tried it in my Bushmaster XM15 E2S wit ha 20" HBAR, Olympic K#B with a 16" HBAR,  RRA lower with a FNMI 20" HBARand Kel-Tec SU-16A and it is more accurate in all of them.  Others on the board have had similar experience.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]
as far as fragmenting and blowing crap up (just for fun) what does more damage?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:53:40 AM EDT
[#6]
The copper jacket on Wolf is heavier than onther brands.  It does not fragment very well at all.  For plinking it is fine.  I'd use it if  I had to, but I doubt I wil ever reach that point.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
as far as fragmenting and blowing crap up (just for fun) what does more damage?

I have both, and from my experience the 55 grain has more "oomph" to it.
I will probably stick with 55 grain from now on.

Just my .02 cents
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top