Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:17:50 PM EDT
I've come across some older M193 ammo made in Malaysia.  The rounds look pretty clean and devoid of nicks on the case or bullet.  I can see sealant around the primer.  Haven't fired any yet.  Rangetime planned for next week.  Can anyone give me some info on this stuff, meaning is it any good to keep for plinking and defense or is it crap?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
it is good stuff. save it and plink with wolf.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been shooting the last of 2500rds of Malaysian ammo M193 and there is nothing wrong with it that I can see. I have had no failures and hit what I aim at so the accurracy is ok. Mine is 1981 Lot 25. I wish I had more.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks gents.  I have access to .223 American Eagle ammo and the Malaysian ammo.  Since I just bought the A2 I want to fire both rounds through it to see the difference between .223 and 5.56 ammo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a rash of case rim failures where the Extractor ripped the rim off the case.  The headstamp was MAL 4-83 5.56.  I only had a few boxes of this stuff and experienced about a 1 in 20 failure rate.  I suspect I got a bad lot rather than any general fault of the ammo, but it's something to be aware of.  I would still buy more, but I doubt I would "save" it or use it in a match...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top