Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 11:12:56 AM EDT
I just got the ammoman e-mail notice about the 2 million rounds of SS109 that they're blowing out the door at $199/1000. My wife is still pissed from the LAST time I bought several thousand rounds from Eric.

crap...I'm in trouble again.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Shit, now I want to buy some too.  I also got an email about a local store with boxed XM193 in stock.  I don't have any money for ammo right now either...In fact, I don't even have a Fab10 with which to shoot the 4,000+ rounds of ammo I already have!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck to both of you. Stay the course and hold fast.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
C'mon, bro---I have filled up three spare bedroom with my ammo at the homestead. I'm skeered that the bloody flimsy 2 x6's won't hold the load.  Do a trade--Let momma go out and buy her some goodies to cool her down. Garden centers are open--I say 1 case 5.56mm = 1 flat annuals. She will bite! Try it. Mine did!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
A Wife will always find a reason to be pissed--we all know this.

FWIW, When I piss-off mine by purchasing ammo, an ACOG, or whatever, I try to distract her by talking about home renovations, vacation, or something she's watching on TV....if that fails, I offer to rub her feet....this stuff never works, but I try....

Then I remind her it's my hobby that allows me to keep sane, blow off steam, have fun and protect us from motorcycle zombies.....

She still doesn't care

Like I said, if it's not ammo, she'll get pissed about something else, then get over it

Bottom line--you can never have too much ammo!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
A Wife will always find a reason to be pissed--we all know this.

FWIW, When I piss-off mine by purchasing ammo, an ACOG, or whatever, I try to distract her by talking about home renovations, vacation, or something she's watching on TV....if that fails, I offer to rub her feet....this stuff never works, but I try....

Then I remind her it's my hobby that allows me to keep sane, blow off steam, have fun and protect us from motorcycle zombies.....

She still doesn't care

Like I said, if it's not ammo, she'll get pissed about something else, then get over it

Bottom line--you can never have too much ammo!!!!

I think we're both married to the same woman.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Y'all seein my wife behind my back?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, but I can't help you be strong...as a result of all this ARFcom peer pressure I have, in the past 8 months, bought enough ammo to supply a couple small units for a couple tours! This ARFcom crowd WILL turn you into an ammo whore, among other things...

(to be honest, I've always had the desire to stock up...this ARFcom crowd simply encouraged me to act on my urges!)
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
This November my wife and I will celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. In that time I've learned that it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

I certainly respect my wife's input and opinion when it comes to spending money. That being said, as long as the household bills are paid it's really not her place to tell me how to spend the disposable income that I've earned. I've never once balked when she wanted a new vehicle, a new sewing machine for her sewing hobby, or some other material object that we didn't 'need'.

As long as I don't complain, why should she?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Before I came to this site I thought 1500 rounds was doin good now I'm buying ammo be the CASE every time I can afford too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:59:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok guys,  coming up on 29 year anniversary this August.   In the past two years, I have purchased some 30 rifles and tons of ammo.  Before that it was pay the bills and raise the kids.   With 4 boys and a stay-at-home mom, we held it tight.   I made sure my wife had her hobbies and nights out while I watched the boys and let her blow off steam.  I was able to take the family on three major trips out west and activities like that were where the money went.  Now with them all but gone and the mortgage paid off there is actually some extra money.  At first this was a great wonderment.  We had not really ever had any to look at before.   She has had a job the last 8 years or so and we actually have a little spending money now.  

My wife weaves, spins, knits and has written and self published a book on weaving.  Used to carry a 175 average bowling and like to sing in the choir at church.  I always insured that she could do  those things.  She always nagged me about getting a hobby but there just wasn't the money to do back then.   It was my job to provide food, clothing and shelter plus keep "Mom's Men" in line.   I always enjoyed shooting so a few years ago a purchased a Mini-14 and the floodgates opened.  Mostly I buy old milsurp bolt action rifles.  Eight of these can cost less that 1 Bushy.   She is glad that I finally have a hobby and lets me get what I want trusting that the bills are taken care of.   Which they are.  

I just can't get her to like the smell of Hoppe's.   She won't even touch any of my firearms and I can't get her to the range.  Never nags me about them and besides like some of her antique coverlets, they do hold their value.  I can pretty much get what I paid for most of my forearms and even turn a profit on a couple of them.  The oldies are only going up in value and I don't overpay just to get one I want.  Being 54 does have a few advantages.   One of them is knowing the real value of things.  

I think I'll keep her.    BTW  She says she will go the the range and learn how to shoot if I join the church chior.  Looks like I shoot alone if not with the boys.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Ok guys,  coming up on 29 year anniversary this August.   In the past two years, I have purchased some 30 rifles and tons of ammo.  Before that it was pay the bills and raise the kids.   With 4 boys and a stay-at-home mom, we held it tight.   I made sure my wife had her hobbies and nights out while I watched the boys and let her blow off steam.  I was able to take the family on three major trips out west and activities like that were where the money went.  Now with them all but gone and the mortgage paid off there is actually some extra money.  At first this was a great wonderment.  We had not really ever had any to look at before.   She has had a job the last 8 years or so and we actually have a little spending money now.  

My wife weaves, spins, knits and has written and self published a book on weaving.  Used to carry a 175 average bowling and like to sing in the choir at church.  I always insured that she could do  those things.  She always nagged me about getting a hobby but there just wasn't the money to do back then.   It was my job to provide food, clothing and shelter plus keep "Mom's Men" in line.   I always enjoyed shooting so a few years ago a purchased a Mini-14 and the floodgates opened.  Mostly I buy old milsurp bolt action rifles.  Eight of these can cost less that 1 Bushy.   She is glad that I finally have a hobby and lets me get what I want trusting that the bills are taken care of.   Which they are.  

I just can't get her to like the smell of Hoppe's.   She won't even touch any of my firearms and I can't get her to the range.  Never nags me about them and besides like some of her antique coverlets, they do hold their value.  I can pretty much get what I paid for most of my forearms and even turn a profit on a couple of them.  The oldies are only going up in value and I don't overpay just to get one I want.  Being 54 does have a few advantages.   One of them is knowing the real value of things.  

I think I'll keep her.    BTW  She says she will go the the range and learn how to shoot if I join the church chior.  Looks like I shoot alone if not with the boys.

It sounds like your wife is a keeper

For what it's worth, my wife strongly objects to the smell of Hoppe's as well. I read somewhere once that a woman's sense of smell is much more sensitive than ours, so if she finds it objectionable it probably is. Out of respect for her I use Shooter's Choice solvent when she's around, because she doesn't mind that smell at all

I know my wife is a keeper because she likes the smell of Tetra oil
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top