Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 3:28:37 AM EDT
I want to order some BH remans but I don't know whether to go Moly or not.Any advice would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:01:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldnt go MOLY, once you go moly from what I hear, you have to stick with it. HOnestly do a search on here , go a few days out and there is a discussion on it. ALSO check the FAQ at the top of this page, they specifically have a MOLY question/answer in it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I would recommend you stay naked.  

Moly has a whole list of pros and cons, including slightly less jacket fouling but different cleaning products/techniques required, just to name one of each.  If you're into the concept of KISS, don't go moly.  ARs, being as well tuned as they are and pretty clean shooting overall, it's not much of a gain, and you could see some looses of velocity, which will in turn change your sight or scope settings.

I only use moly in SS barrels anyway, and only in my bolt guns.  I'd say, based on my experinece with moly in the AR, save the extra few $$ a box from the moly and get an extra box of naked bullets!  Good advice given by the poster above, check the FAQ and the Ammo Oracle.  YMMV.

Tom  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:50:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Stick with bare copper if you are undecided.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys;die-tryin,I tried to search but lately no matter what I enter I get no results.Has search been suspended except for team members?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top