Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 1:55:40 PM EDT
For 5,56mm, M855, 62gr.
I have an issue with comeups for scope mounted on M4/M16A2 caring handle. I have a comeups for rear sight elevation wheel on M4 and M16 from 300m zero:

at400m - 3MOA
at500m - 7MOA
at600m - 12MOA
at700m - 18MOA
at800m - 25MOA

The big question I have is: M16 rifles have additional complications in calculating bullet drop because of their bore line and the line of sight are not parallel. Because of that no corrections are necessary while using iron sights up to 300m (bullet actually is flying above the line of sight until about 250m).
That raises another question -if one is to mount a scope on a caring handle, is the line of sight for the scope also at the angle with the bore line?
If yes than rear iron sight elevation comeups should work for the scope as well (no comeups whatsoever until 250meters). If not, than is the scope line of sight parallel to the bore line? Would I have to calculate my own comeups at the range or is there any place where I could get them already pre-calculated.
Please let me know what do you think.
Thanks
SSG Andrzejewski A 1/2 ACR
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#1]
You can email me directly with information
[email protected]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top