Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2004 8:19:31 AM EDT
Just Curious what Federal American Eagle ammo is like.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
It's brass colored, with a copper jacketed 55 grn. bullet, and comes in a blue and red box.........

There's a tacked topic above, in this forum that covers this question. See the Ammunition Reviews tacked above.

Mike

here's the direct link: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=171144

Placed up top especially for s like you......, welcome aboard
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What, you didn't think I'd actually TAKE the time to read before i posted a new thread did ya? Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#3]
also, what other ammo comes in .223 that i should take a look at?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, you can usually find some winchester, it is good, you can find it at Wal-Mart for a pretty good price. There is also Black Hills and Hornady, but these are usually too expensive for my taste. I do like American Eagle, it is federal ammo that is pretty cheap and it is a great round. I have also heard that they have started using Lake City Brass for it, so that is even better.  You can also try Wolf, but I wouldn't recommend it, espically if you want to collect the brass and sell it or reuse it, because Wolf has steel cases and is not reloadable. I would rather shoot brass, collect it, and the put it on E-Bay and get some more money to buy more bullets and then continue the cycle. Or if you have a friend that reloads, they may give you some if you bring them the brass.

If you gun has a 5.56 barrell, then I would defantly say go for some Q3131A or some XM193(Lake City) Ammo. Both are really great rounds and they are really cheap.

But the best advice I can give is to try out different ammo and see what you gun likes and then buy it.

I hope that this helps. Also the link that has already been suggested is great. hug.gif

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently purchased some American Eagle. The brass was headstamped LC 02 and 03.
The lot number is 32H646. Not what I expected, but a pleasant surprise.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top