Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 9:51:09 AM EDT
can somebody give me a formula for poi @ 25yds, 50yds, 75yds, etc.  i am bored and want to build a little program that calculates it all for you if you give it barrel lenght, velocity, powder charge, bullet weight, etc.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Uhh what MV, what bullet weight, what altitude, what humidty, and what wind value do you plan to do your computations based on?

There are 100's of ballistic calculators out there that will compute it online ones, once you can run on your PC, even ones that you can run on your Palm OS PDA - many of them are free.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:18:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Uhh what MV, what bullet weight, what altitude, what humidty, and what wind value do you plan to do your computations based on?

There are 100's of ballistic calculators out there that will compute it online ones, once you can run on your PC, even ones that you can run on your Palm OS PDA - many of them are free.

those variables were all going to be whatever you put in.  i know there are a lot of calculators out there, but i want to get back into programming (it has been 5 years) so i may as well make something i could use :)  could you point me to some of the online calculators, that way i can just get the formula from them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#3]
This doesn't answer your question too well, if at all, but Shoot! v3.0 is available for a free 30-day trial - it's helped me begin to understand ballistics and the effects of the ammo components and external variables.  Good graphics and explanations.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#4]
hell,  that shoot is pretty good. i may as well 86 my project.  thanks for the link ;)
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
could you point me to some of the online calculators, that way i can just get the formula from them.

I tell ya what head over to The Maryland AR-15 Shooters Site and sign up as a member.

There is a ballistic calculator spreadsheet that you can download (easy to pull the equations from the spreadsheet).  Also as the site is a link to the JBM ballistics page with it's online calculator.  IIRC they have the equations listed in one of the articles on the site.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top