Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2004 8:31:50 PM EDT
The following post is from a person replying to a poll I set up on the Car&Driver web site:
Link to thread: Car & Driver Thread Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 7/22/2004 7:57:29 PM Proud Mary Cadillac IIII wrote:

what kind of stupid moron gives a crap about bullets? I mean, you gotta be preety dumb, like the dope who had a hard time graduating from high school and left with that c- average and had to take summer classes.

I doubt any of you morons ever made it to college. Probobly because you're too scared (intimidated). Also, I bet most here drive trucks. Oh well, you are what you drive, I guess.

...stupid morons...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Typical uninformed public opinion about those of us who like the shooting sports.

Please feel free to join the Car & Driver forums if you have an interest in cars.
Also feel free to respond to "Proud Mary Cadillac IIII" who also likes to blame GWB for 9/11.
Link Posted: 7/22/2004 8:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#2]
...to bring in others who have an interest in ballistics but hadn't thought about going to a forum like AR15.com.

...to see what reaction it creates in another forum and help dispel close minded opinions about those of us who work with guns on a regular basis.

...it is in the "General" topic section for off topic discussions.  There has been both anti-military and pro-military sentiment expressed in several threads in the section.

So far my post has only solicited "anti-gun" comments from two very liberal posters.  The individual (Proud Mary Cad..) above has posted theories and truly believes George Bush is in league with Bin Laden!

Maybe, a large portion of America does not believe as Sen. Feinstein does!
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Simply put...

We are interested in terminal performance because one day we may have to shoot somebody who is a threat to our well being or a threat to one of our loved ones.

Anyone who has ever been in such a situation, or takes the possibility of such a situation, seriously will agree that there is no such thing as "good enough" because suddenly words like "NOW" and "IMMEDIATE" take on a huge relevance and become of utmost importance when used in conjunction with the concept of trying to stop that threat.

The idiot on the Car&Driver forums probably believes that all handguns are equally effective and are the epitome of "tools designed for killing".

Little do the sheeple know what is truely "lethal" or desireable when looking for a self defense load.    I laugh my ass off whenever they hear about using a rifle for self defense, such as the 223Remington, and the accusations fly about the possibility of shooting the baby down the street after said rifle bullet travels through 20-30 houses and penetrated through a CAT tractor.

Such stupidity and outright misinformed assumptions being made on the part of those idiots, most of them aren't worth the damned effort.
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why would you post such a thing on "Car and Driver" anyway?  hr

According to statistics, more people in Kalifirnia shoot guns from moving cars than from the bench.. ;)
- Nealio
Link Posted: 7/23/2004 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...to bring in others who have an interest in ballistics but hadn't thought about going to a forum like AR15.com.

...to see what reaction it creates in another forum and help dispel close minded opinions about those of us who work with guns on a regular basis.

...it is in the "General" topic section for off topic discussions.  There has been both anti-military and pro-military sentiment expressed in several threads in the section.

So far my post has only solicited "anti-gun" comments from two very liberal posters.  The individual (Proud Mary Cad..) above has posted theories and truly believes George Bush is in league with Bin Laden!

You can always quote the bumper sticker widom: "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun"
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can always quote the bumper sticker widom: "Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun"

Do you know Autobahndriver, are you sure that's true?
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you know Autobahndriver, are you sure that's true?

True, I don't know him.  Just assuming he is the average Joe Gunowner
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
what kind of stupid moron gives a crap about bullets? I mean, you gotta be preety dumb, like the dope who had a hard time graduating from high school and left with that c- average and had to take summer classes.

Wow.  Talk about ignorant.  If you want to understand external/terminal ballistics, you need to know math, physics & chemistry.  I can tell you that I didn't have no C average leaving high school or college.
Link Posted: 7/25/2004 11:26:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't intend to reply in that thread a 2nd time, I registered for the sole purpose of doing a quick hit and run.

Dropped into that thread only long enough to call her a stupid cunt and to get out, the fact that I don't care to actually get into an argument with her will probably drive her to fits of rage.   After all, we all know how much women LOVE being called a "cunt".    And remember, there's no such thing as multi-variable caculus, so say it the self professed authority on math(er, did I say "authority", I meant "cunt").

Anyhow, that woman's comments were enough to piss me off quite a bit.     If we were shooting bullets in a complete vaccum then it would be a simple matter of trying to caculate drop for any given range.    But once you have the atmospheric conditions playing a factor it suddenly becomes very complex.     Altitude, heat, relative humidity, bullet design, and several different factors all come into play to dictate how the bullet responds and sheds velocity as it goes down range.     Some of those factors play into one another such that it takes a DARN intellegent person to be able to come up with an equation that considers all the variables and how they play into one another.

Any idiot can take an equation with a set of variables in the equation and plug in the known values that are asked for by the equation.    It takes quite a different kind of person though to come up with that equation or use it to it's full potential by being able to try to isolate specific effects of those variables acting on the bullet.

Link Posted: 7/26/2004 6:42:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By Autobahndriver:Proud Mary Caddilac on Car&Driver forum

Wow.  Talk about ignorant.  If you want to understand external/terminal ballistics, you need to know math, physics & chemistry.  I can tell you that I didn't have no C average leaving high school or college.

Please, please don't accidentally attribute that quote to me!!!!  I made correction in red.

...and NO, I have not done so with my car or my gun. (Ref: Ted Kennedy)
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I did a little looking around and ProudMary or whatever he/she/it calls themselves-he/she/it has quite a following there at Car&Driver -lotta friends and supporters (note thick sarcasm).

somebody needs to fix their bitch...

What was that line in the beginning of that movie ' The Way of the Gun'?

nuff said...

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Cars are slow, accelerate poorly, are pathetic in braking, have a disgusting power to weight ratio, and are soo lacking in fiber that they actually are subject to leaning out of a corner, instead of aggressively digging deeper INTO the corner.

You respect the insults of this crowd of sheep  why????

Dude.

Get a Decent Motorcycle. learn.

Cars SUCK!

People who worship cars SUCK!!!!!

Jeeps, Trucks, and practical things rule.

If it's about speed and human effort, Then it's about Humans on 2 wheels risking it all.

Then again this is a forum about Combat rifles boiled to the essence.
What was this about again?

Rich Kids turning laps in expensive cars?

Like they matter!!!

S-28

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top