Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 8:12:53 AM EDT
I'm considering picking up a dedicated varmint rifle w/ 1:12 twist.  It seems best for the 55gr and below bullets (which is what I'd be using).

Suggestions on ammo?  Particular bullets?  General discussion welcome :)
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Why limit yourself?  Get at least a 1/9 twist, and then if you want, you can shoot heavier stuff at larger game, and still be able to shoot the light varmint rounds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]
1:9 is actually a bit much for the really, really light bullets, or so I have read.  I want as much accuracy as possible with 55gr bullets and below.

I don't consider not having the heavier bullets available a disadvantage when I've got a perfectly functional 7mm RM that can drive tacks at 200yds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Baah.  Hate to re to my own re but it looks like 1:8 might end up better in the end after all.

I thought about it and I see no reason to incinnerate my bbl any faster than it'll be worn through as it is.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top