Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/31/2003 1:02:22 PM EDT
An Atty got shot at ultra close range with a handgun multiple times in the chest then the guy who shot him treis to walk away like nothing happened with a crew of reporters filming him and pointing at him untill the cops catch up and tackle him and make an arrest.  The guy who got shot just walked away with his hands up asking for medical help like nothing happened!

Please add details if you have them.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The shooter must have been using an FN 5.7 x 28 IOM.   [ROFL2]

[peep]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Video is on foxnews.com

[i]The victim has been identified as 53-year-old Jerry Curry. He was shot multiple times in the upper torso, but was conscious as paramedics transported him to a hospital. He remains in stable condition. Police said his injuries were not life-threatening.

Television footage of the shooting showed the attorney trying to duck shots from behind a tree as the shooter, an older man with graying hair and glasses, pointed a revolver at him and fired multiple times.

The attorney took a few steps after being shot then collapsed as the suspect walked calmly from the scene. Police said the shooter was tackled by an off-duty sheriff reserve officer and restrained by several officers and at least one cameraman.[/i]

It was a revolver.. I wonder what caliber.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:56:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Non-Lethal = .38 special!
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw the video clip on Foxnews.com. I guess we don't know the caliber... could have been a .22 rimfire for all we know, but such scene would make me think twice about carrying a small frame revolver for protection. I'll stick with my Glock 21... a caliber that starts with a '4'
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#5]
It appeared the Attorney was shot in the collarbone/shoulder area.  Definitely not a very bad place to take a hit or two or three.

Definitely better than COM.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Simple question:

Had that happened in a free state could a citizen have capped that fvcker with minimal retribution?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

... Supposedly there's a big boobied Hooter girl on a phone in the background but ...

View Quote

... There is, and she just continues to jack-jaw on the [u]payphone[/u] during the gunfire.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing but the new .500 S&W for me.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Why is it so often some poor cop gets shot once and dies, but the criminals often take multiple hits and live?  I lost two friends that were cops that were each shot once.  Twice I've seen a 32 S&W revolver emptied into a robber's chest and they lived.  I worked with several retired cops that have commented about this, and their belief is that "God looks after fools."  I don't believe in God, but it sure makes you wonder.z
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmm, two "older males"? Sounds like a lover's [pink]spat[/pink].
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I saw that too.I couldn't believe the people in the background just standing there.I know I wasn't there but being so close, I would think grabbing the gun or just running away would have been better than playing peek-a-boo behind a small tree.I wonder if it was a .22lr? Seemed like very little recoil.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]
How could you not see it when FOX NEWS played it 50 billion times.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Hey SHIVAN.  You are good God damn right someone could have capped that prick!  

"The protection of self and others."

Plain and simple. End of discussion.  If I was close enough to see all that carnage, and was armed, there would be no "peek-a-boo games".

I'd love to see some 98 lb weakling attorney try to convince a jury that my life was'nt in danger.  Ther would probably be one, though.

Oh ya.  And zoom?  I'm sure there is a special place in Hell for those *ssholes.  I think all the good guys need Minimi's.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Note the abundance of dumbass TV persons who simply follow and point out the shooter. Spineless pussies.

Do something for Chrissake sheep!

WTH did I stumble across this in the Ammo area?
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 11:13:22 PM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031031/capt.ny12110312126.blake_wife_slain_ny121.jpg[/img]

LOOK AT ME! I CANT HIT SHIT FROM 3 FEET AWAY!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[url]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031031/capt.ny12110312126.blake_wife_slain_ny121.jpg[/url]

LOOK AT ME! I CANT HIT SHIT FROM 3 FEET AWAY!!
View Quote

Don't you mean [b]TWO FEET[/b]?

What about the way the dork kept shooting?  That is right out of a dumb-assed Hollyweird movie.  “Push the Gat foward and pull the trigger.”  I can understanding changing your aim, but I’m surprised Bozo there hit anything at all.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:41:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I just saw more footage and can't believe one of the cameramen just followed the shooter and was more concerned about getting footage than stopping the guy.WTF is wrong with people these days?
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Cameramen are a weird bunch.  There have been countless documented cases where they lost their own lives while watching death come to them through their lenses.  I guess it's their mindset...the REALITY of the situation gets lost through the viewfinder.

One of the cameramen DID jump in to help when the plainclothes off-duty sheriff jumped and LITERALLY collared the asshole.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 2:57:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I saw the footage.

Point shooting didn't work too good for that guy! [ROFL]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I wonder what caliber that fool was shooting.  Whatever it was, I sure as hell wouldn't want to rely on it to stop an attacker.
Too bad the victim wasn't armed with a REAL sidearm (.45 ACP or such).  You can bet that a solid hit to center mass on that overweight asshole would have ended his hit-man career before it got started.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why is it so often some poor cop gets shot once and dies, but the criminals often take multiple hits and live?  I lost two friends that were cops that were each shot once.  Twice I've seen a 32 S&W revolver emptied into a robber's chest and they lived.  I worked with several retired cops that have commented about this, and their belief is that "God looks after fools."  I don't believe in God, but it sure makes you wonder.z
View Quote

Well, statistically I'm sure cops live more than the bad guys.  They have better training and are usually smarter to start with.  I am sorry that your personal experiences have turned out they way they have.  Unfortunately we don't get to choose who gets hit and who doesn't, you do your best but things turn out the way they turn out.  You don't get to win every time.  I know that's not any consolation but it's all I've got for an explanation.  I wish you safety and better outcomes in the future.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, it's hard to say what any of us would do in that situation.  I think the whole situation could've been put to a halt REAL QUICK with just one word.. CCW.  Unfortunately Cali is a "may issue" state, meaning you have to be being stalked by someone or part of the elite with lots of money in order to carry a weapon to defend yourself.

As for should he have tackled the guy.. yeah maybe, the guy doesn't look that tough.  But one could also argue that any gun fight that you come out alive from what executed correctly.  And with a shooter as obviously inept as that one, he might just be more dangerous hand-to-hand. [:)]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I know what I would do, run, hide, hit the ground. I can't believe that women was on the phone just watching. You don't know why the guy was shooting. Sometimes people shoot one person then go onto the next.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#25]
That guy was pretty lucky he didn't get killed for sure.  The whole news footage was almost like a cartoon.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Will somone post a link to the footage?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:34:23 AM EDT
[#27]
-RIVEN-
"Simple question:

Had that happened in a free state could a citizen have capped that fvcker with minimal retribution?"
------------------------------------------
Hey, he was just shooting a lawyer. He was doing us all a favor.

Im not saying it was right, i'm just saying I understand.

And I quote -The Big Lebowski-

"This is what happens when you fuck a stanger in the ass." -Walter

[chainsawkill] <- Lawyer

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, I wondered who the first dick would be that said it was a good thing because he's a lawyer.

Now we know.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:50:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well, statistically I'm sure cops live more than the bad guys.  They have better training and are usually smarter to start with.
View Quote

Yeah, well by my statistics, most cops are mentally deficient, ex-jock-rejected-by-the-marine-corps-cause-they-were'nt-good-enough, sadistic, loser fucks, that try to rationalize their abuses, and enforcement of unconstitutional laws with the old Nazi SS standby phrase of "I was only following orders."

Always remember that those who volunteer for positions of power are those who are most likly to abuse it.

p.s. By the way, all you cops out there that refer to us as "civilians" need to stop your stupid shit. You are not a soldier, a police officer is a "CIVIL SERVANT". Not a soldier of an occupying army. YOU ARE CIVILIANS.

Remember that the next you are fucking over a "civilian". You know.. the one who is paying your salary.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:59:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well, I wondered who the first dick would be that said it was a good thing because he's a lawyer.

Now we know.
View Quote

Let me guess, YOU your father,mother,brother,sister,son,daughter,aunt,uncle,nephew,niece, AND OR wife is a lawer.

Or mabye you've never actually had to deal with one of these spawns of satan.

Clean the shit out of your eyes and get with the program.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Not to got off topic, but I have had to deal witha lawyer once. They actually kept me out of a lot of trouble.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, I guess if you dig deep enough into the barrel, you're bound to find one decent apple among all the rotten ones.

I'm just personally sick of the whole deal, and very jaded when it comes to the law around here. Iv'e been fucked over too many times, and it's made me very hostile towards law enforcement and the local justice system.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#33]
The worst thing is, becides a person getting shot,  that the anti's will use this as just another excuse to try to push through anti-gun crap.
Doesn't make a difference if the guy was another a$$hole lawyer or not, it just showed everyone out there with no brains that guns are evil.  We will have to live with the actions of a nut for a long time.  What would have been an equalizer would have been someone with a gun to have shot the gunman.
The follow-up would have been another lawyer jailing the guy who saved a life - go figure!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well, I guess if you dig deep enough into the barrel, you're bound to find one decent apple among all the rotten ones.

I'm just personally sick of the whole deal, and very jaded when it comes to the law around here. Iv'e been fucked over too many times, and it's made me very hostile towards law enforcement and the local justice system.
View Quote

It may just be your jaded attitude towards the law, but your posts seem to show an inherent AP. Your attitude will definitely dictate how you are treated by most LEO's when you are dealing with them.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I think more people are starting to realize that it's the nut who pulled the trigger not the gun and that most of the well over 100 million law abiding, gun owning citizens will never do anything like that.

Criminals are going to get guns no matter what laws they pass, even if they banned all guns only law biding citizens would turn in their guns. The criminals are going to keep their guns and smuggle guns across the boarder, just like the millions of tons of drugs every year.(you cant tell me they wont, or cant get some guns into this country.)

The law will make those of us who wont turn in our guns, into criminals.(I hope thats all of us)
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#36]
ConfederateMummy-
Congratulations on the most ignorant posts I have read in my short time on this site.  Lawyers are human beings and do not "deserve" to die. Cops are protecting you the best they can with their resources.  They perform a service to society, at least.  What benefit are you currently providing to the human race?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Anybody know the caliber yet?
Try and bring this thing back to the original posting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:47:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Simple question:

Had that happened in a free state could a citizen have capped that fvcker with minimal retribution?
View Quote

Shivan, the way I understand the law (at least in NC) is, yes, you could have legally used deadly force to prevent the attacker from shooting the lawyer.
The criterion is that the person you are defending has to retain the right of self-defense and was not the instigator.

Here lies the problem....

Let's say you walk into a 7-11 and observe a young, scruffy guy getting ready to cap an old man. Your initial impression is that the old man is being attacked with lethal force and you feel justified in drilling the young kid to protect the old man.
What you missed was that the old man actually started the confrontation and used a knife to attack the kid.  The knife was knocked out of the old guys hand but the old guy still had not withdrawn from the confrontation, hence he was still the instigator and has lost the right of self-defense. Legally you have no right to come to his aid, as he can't legally defend himself.

He must surrender and withdraw from the confrontation. Once that is done he regains the right of self-defense. If the young guy still pursues him after he surrenders then you could legally protect him.

If we use the lawyer on TV as the example its pretty safe to say that we have no idea what took place prior to the actual filming of the shooting. Let’s say that the lawyer may have tried to stab the fat guy with the pistol . Fat guy was just defending himself. I know it’s kind of far fetched but it illuminates how tricky this stuff is. Had that been the case then, no, you could not have legally defended the lawyer, as he didn’t possess the right of self-defense.

Generally speaking CCWs are issued only to defend your self from deadly attack. In NC lethal force can also be used to prevent a deadly attack on another person, as long as that person possessed the right of self-defense (was not the instigator). Deadly force is also justified to prevent rape.

Lot of gray areas in the use of deadly force and you can always assume that you'll be arrested and investigated any time deadly force is used.  

Of course I have a good friend who DOA'd an armed mugger in SC. No arrest, just a pat on the back from the local sheriff.

Kind of a long-winded answer to your question but I think I got this right (if anyone catches an error please correct me).  

Paul

Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I know that all LEO's are not assholes.  A lot-dare I say most are, though.  They seem to forget that THEY WORK FOR ME.  Not the other way around.  

I have been burned more times by those arogant, self centered liars than I can count.  They seem to be a legend in their own minds.  And for the record.  If it were'nt for that badge, they would propmtly get their ass handed to then one cheek at a time.

I am not allowed to carry a concealed handgun to protect myself, but at the same time I cannot hold an officer responsible if he/she does not protect me.  If it were up to me, the people would have the firearms and LEO's would have the nightsticks.  I wonder how their attitudes would change then?  

But it is not up to me so there are two things I can do about it:  Absolutly nothing...And like it.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#40]
I like lawyers, as long as they're [b]MY[/b] lawyers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I have to agree with pdm.  There is a hell of a lot that could have happened prior to what was witnessed on TV.  The fat man w/ gun could have been defending himself.

It appears as though "Tubby" is doing a little more than defending himself in the picture.  The lawyer is of no threat to him.  Lawyer is cowaring behind a tree (or shitting his pants, I can't tell from the picture.)  

If the fat guy was defending himself---I see no reason at this point why he must riddle him with bullet holes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:26:32 AM EDT
[#42]
As far as all of the comments on cops go, their are lots of good ones and lots of bad ones. It take a certain personality type to be a policeman and that personality type is usually not the best at working with people. Iv'e seen officers go way out of their way to help somebody that needed it (even though it was not really their responsibility) and I have seen them way out of their way to hassle people for no reason at all even when their off duty and nobody asks for their involvement. I think everybody should try and judge them on an idividual basis, I know that it can be hard especially when you have had bad experiences but if you don't you'll end up making the situation worse because you will start with an attitude when you deal with them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now we know.
View Quote

Let me guess, YOU your father,mother,brother,sister,son,daughter,aunt,uncle,nephew,niece, AND OR wife is a lawer.

Or mabye you've never actually had to deal with one of these spawns of satan.

Clean the shit out of your eyes and get with the program.
View Quote

Two of the above including me, the wife and brother in law and proud of it.
Maybe you're pissed because you hired the wrong lawyer.[:)]
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anybody know the caliber yet?
Try and bring this thing back to the original posting.
View Quote

Haven't figured out the caliber yet but I did find out he was shot in the arm and neck.  He was released today from the hospital.

As for all you people arguing about cops and lawyers, give it a rest.  You can all chime in with anecdotal evidence all you want but you're not going to change a single person's opinion with anecdotal evidence about what happened to you, your brother or your uncle Roy.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It may just be your jaded attitude towards the law, but your posts seem to show an inherent AP. Your attitude will definitely dictate how you are treated by most LEO's when you are dealing with them.
View Quote

I have a jaded attitude becuase the cops around my area have a bad attitude toward citezens, not the other way around.

You good officers are just going to have to get used to the fact that the general population does NOT like the police, because the majority of police are bad people.

Police are just like politicians, most are worthless scumbags, and a select few are good human beings.

If you good cops really want to make a difference, you'd start going after all the corruption within your own systems. The redneck methhead and traffic violators arnt any kind of threat compared to a corrupt gov't official. Dont try to tell me you haven't seen it going on.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
ConfederateMummy-
Congratulations on the most ignorant posts I have read in my short time on this site.  Lawyers are human beings and do not "deserve" to die. Cops are protecting you the best they can with their resources.  They perform a service to society, at least.  What benefit are you currently providing to the human race?
View Quote

I never said the laweyer deserved to die. Any person with an below average IQ could tell that I was just JOKING when I said it was alright the guy was shooting at him.

The government serves me, not the other way around. I dont have to prove my value to anyone. I am a soverign human being, no matter if I am the most worthless fuck on the face of the planet, no police officer has dominion over me. I dont need the police to protect me, im not your average emasculated, faggot american male that seems to have taken over our society.

Sounds like you have drunk too much flouride riddled tap water.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:41:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The worst thing is, becides a person getting shot,  that the anti's will use this as just another excuse to try to push through anti-gun crap.
Doesn't make a difference if the guy was another a$$hole lawyer or not, it just showed everyone out there with no brains that guns are evil.  We will have to live with the actions of a nut for a long time.  What would have been an equalizer would have been someone with a gun to have shot the gunman.
The follow-up would have been another lawyer jailing the guy who saved a life - go figure!
View Quote

Thats exactly whats going to happen. This is going to be used to empower the gun control nazis agendas.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have to agree with pdm.  There is a hell of a lot that could have happened prior to what was witnessed on TV.  The fat man w/ gun could have been defending himself.

It appears as though "Tubby" is doing a little more than defending himself in the picture.  The lawyer is of no threat to him.  Lawyer is cowaring behind a tree (or shitting his pants, I can't tell from the picture.)  

If the fat guy was defending himself---I see no reason at this point why he must riddle him with bullet holes.
View Quote

What was pathetic is the fact, that NO ONE actually tried to help the entire time the guys was getting shot at. It's as if everyones wiring is so screwed up they can't compute reality. When all of the bystanders were interviewed they kept saying they didnt beleive it was real.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#49]
WHY WERE THERE CAMERA'S THERE TO BEGIN WITH?  SEEMS LIKE IT WAS STAGED.  AS FOR SELF DEFENSE, THAT WASN'T SELF DEFENSE.  IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
WHY WERE THERE CAMERA'S THERE TO BEGIN WITH?  SEEMS LIKE IT WAS STAGED.  AS FOR SELF DEFENSE, THAT WASN'T SELF DEFENSE.  IN MY HUMBLE OPINION.  
View Quote

There were cameras there because of this nation's farked up fasination with anything hollywood.  IIRC, some has-been actor whacked his old lady, and is on trial, and because he did some 2-bit movie once upon a time, the media thinks we all want to know about anything related to the trial.

As another example -- Ben something or other and Jennifer something or other were engaged, and then called it off.  Big deal right?  Happens every day to lots of "normal" people.  BUT.  Simply because they're more hollywood freaks, it gets plasterd all across newspapers and tv, every time they change their minds again.

So, staged? I doubt it.  Just another nutjob who got his 15 seconds of fame.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top