Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 12:40:46 PM EDT
Above question.  I'm wondering how it compares to the LC M193.  Velocity...Fragmentation...etc.

Thanks to all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#1]
LC M193 is the "Gold Standard" that all other Ammo is compared with. There are only four kinds that I would be willing to bet the farm on.  LC M193, Fed XM 193 (same ammo, LC is surplus. XM is identical cartridge for sale to civilians).
IMI M193, Win Q3131A (same ammo IMI is Israeli Military Industries, same as issued to Israeli Security Forces.  Win Q3131A is manufactured by IMI for Winchester, identical to IMI M193.  Fragmentation for all practical purposed is the same for all ammo.  You can't go wrong with any of them.

I've fired about 3000 rnds of IMI M193 in both my AR-15 and Robinson Armament M-96 Carbine.  Never any problems of any kind in either gun.
Botach Tactical has IMI M193 on sale now for $189 for 1200 rnds with free shipping.  That works out to $157.50 per 1000 rnds delivered to you door. The only place where you are going to find LC M193 at that price is maybe at a gun show.  I just bought 2400 rnds of IMI from Botach and I'm very pleased with it.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 10:49:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top