Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 7:53:00 PM EDT
I noticed that some of the 9mm 115gr FMJ my store recently got has the military crimped primers and NATO headstamp, but came in the standard Q4172 white box packaging.

There is no red primer sealant so I am wondering if they just had extra NATO brass or whether this really is NATO spec ammo.  I'll chronograph some at the range this week, but was wondering if anyone here knew.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 3:10:42 AM EDT
[#1]
We had some Winchester several years ago in a white box similar to the "USA" type box. The main difference was that all the lettering was black and not red white and blue.

It was supposedly Canadian military surplus.

I never looked into it to see if it was true.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Upon closer examination, it does have the red primer sealant, just not a whole lot of it.  It is stamped WCC so I am assuming it is US made.

The bullet is a copper jacket and a slightly different profile from standard white box and overall weight of the round is about 3 gr heavier.

I think the all black lettering you describe is the 9mm that was specifically labeled "9mm NATO" on the packaging.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:29:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Considering [i]9mm NATO[/i] has a 124gr bullet this ain't it.

May be surplus cases though.

-- Chuck
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top