Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 5:24:02 PM EDT
Well, it finally happened to me. A good 'ol FTE.

Grumble, grumble.

[Charging Handle]
I told you so!
[/Charging Handle]

Grrr.

It appears to have been due to the case itself. It was the first round of the second box of 20 that day, the chamber was spotless as far as I could tell and the extractor tore off part of the rim of the case. Of course I forgot to bring a cleaning rod with me (like I had intended to "just in case") so my shooting was over. The case tapped out easily.

I fed the other 19 left from that box through manually without incident after I got home. I re-fed the spent case, and it got stuck again. I'll get the calipers here in a bit to measure and see what the culprit is.

It's not something that'll make me stop using the ammo altogether, but it reinforces the idea that this kind of ammo is for plinking only.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top