WINCHESTER CARTRIDGE CORP.
FACTORY PACKED
1987 MANUFACTURE"
-------------------
$219 can of 840rds
ammoman.com
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
That price seems a wee bit expensive. I mean you can get 1000 rds of brand new production Q3131A for $50 less than that. Even with the bandoleers and stripper clips, that seems pretty steep for 16 year old ammo. I think if I was buying ammo from Eric, I'd just go with the Q3131A or XM193.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It's only $ .05 more per round.
Nobody said you had to buy a pallet of it.

BTW Ammo made during WWII still goes BANG ! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What a wonderful world it would be if we could still purchase current surplus military ammo packed in bandos in ammo cans!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The price seemed high to me too. For that price, I would opt for XM193, and pack it in my own ammo cans using my own strippers and bandoleers.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:37:42 AM EDT
[#5]
A little expensive.  But, your getting the repack kit.  So it might be good for a box or two, then just keep repacking w/ 193 or 3131A etc.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#6]
And the hard to find 7 pocket bandoleers too (RARE L@@K). A little too pricey for me. But if you have the money to waste, there's another reason to justify the purchase.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you can find them, the 7-pocket bando kits usually cost $6 or so, or $36 for a can's worth.  Add $5 for the can, and the price isn't too far off, especially since you don't have to do all the work to load the ammo into the strippers and bandos yourself.

Of course, if you're just going to go shoot it up, you might as well just get boxed ammo anyway.

My thoughts exactly.  This looks like a great SHTF ammo convience package to me.  With he price about equal to all of the individual parts (bandoleers, stripper clips, cardboard, etc) and the TIME to put a full ammo can together, its worth it I'd say.  Plus that crate looks cool too, esp nice to show all your "non-believer" friends..  They will think you are totally nuts when you tell them what's in it. LOL

-Troy
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top