Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 10:37:06 AM EDT
Hello. Thanks up front for your input on this.

I just got a great deal on a pallet of .30 cal ammo cans. I plan to "fill" each one up with the same ammo for each of my guns. My question is this....
**I stuffed cases 20ga in some cans
**I stuffed cases of 5.56 FMJ on stippers in some cans
**I stuffed cases 5.56 Santa Barbara SS109 on stippers in some cans
**I stuffed cases 9mm 115 gr. in some cans'

But what do I do with all my .22 lr ammo?
Do I keep them in boxes and stuff them in that way, or can I empty them safely in the can?

I always worry about the .22 due to no jacketing on the bullets. Mainly they are .22 Remington Subsonics and Federal Gold Medal.

I have had some people asking about the cans that I bought in large qty. Here are some pics of the cans for those asking. The marking are as follows:

20 Cartridges (Nato Cross)
7.62 MM, NATO (Dot)M80
Cartons, (Unknown Mark), M13
(Unknown Mark)
LC-03B204-003

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
While I don't think it would be a problem unless you moved the cases a lot or if they were handled roughly on a constant basis, I would keep them in the box.  If for no other reason, just to keep like ammo types and lots together.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The military issues some 22lr ammo in 50 cal cans, 8 full bricks and 2 bricks worth of loose 50rd boxes on top for a total of 5k rds per can.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree with Troy. Most 22lr ammo is packed tightly with in it's boxes, so your not giving up a lot of space.

I'm curious about the deal you got on the ammo cans. I'm in CT and in the market for some. where did you get yours and for how much, if you don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I am another person who keeps them in the boxes as well. Another step I have taken is that I write the year that the ammo was purchased on the boxes. It helps to keep track of which ammo is the oldest.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the ammo cans from a person in NY that has pallets upon pallets of these. They don't even look used! My price that I paid for one in qty. was about 4.00 each. They are all marked .30 cal ammo can with either ball, link or tracer markings. The cans also have NATO cross stamped on them.

I will be planning on keeping as much of them as possible but I will sell some after some figuring and filling.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Chris,

Got any contact info for your NY ammo can connection?

-John
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I am trying to see if they would like me to sell them for them.

They buy them from dist. that supply them to the shows. They asked if I was a dealer and I told them no.

I also told them that I can move allot of the on boards for good pricing, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Chris,

Welp, let me know if you can get more.  [email protected]  

I'd be in for at least 6 of them (maybe more)and I'll pay cash.  (I'm down in Milford - can drive to where ever.)

Thanks!
-John
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Chris,

Welp, let me know if you can get more.  [email protected]  

I'd be in for at least 6 of them (maybe more)and I'll pay cash.  (I'm down in Milford - can drive to where ever.)

Thanks!
-John
View Quote

If you don't mind ordering them - CheaperThanDirt has six 30 cal. cans for 19.95 plus shipping.
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got the ammo cans from a person in NY that has pallets upon pallets of these. They don't even look used! My price that I paid for one in qty. was about 2.00 each. They are all maekd .30 cal ammo can with either ball, link or tracer markings. The cans also have NATO cross stamped in them.

I will be planning on keeping as much of them as possible but I will sell some after some figuring and filling.
View Quote

I am interested in a pallet, depending on how much they stack on one.    email me the info or post here.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
. to track
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Hello.

This is in response to the person out there in OR. You would'nt want to pay for freight all the way out there. There are proably people near you with good deals on these types of cans.

It cost me allot for one state away.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hello.

This is in response to the person out there in OR. You would'nt want to pay for freight all the way out there. There are proably people near you with good deals on these types of cans.

It cost me allot for one state away.
View Quote

Well, if you give me the stats, i can compare the numbers and make sure that i am making a decision on "real" numbers, rather than what you got it shipped for.   Yes, i live in Oregon, but to piggyback a small pallet on some commercial trucking companies load is sometimes very cheap.

I would need amount of cans per pallet, and weight and dimensions for the shrinkwrapped (or however packed) pallet
Since i am not likely to order a pallet to ship to you then have it shipped to me from your house, it might be best to give me the companies contact info.

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:58:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Email sent
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:35:12 AM EDT
[#16]
The mark after M80 indicates linked ammo, M-13 is the disintegrating link for the M-60 and M-240. I've emptied more than a few of those boxes!!! Cartons means it was packed in 100 round cardboard boxes without bandoliers-I've had both blanks and ball+tracer mix issued that way.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Ok...just got some more in that say Overhead Fire....what does this mean?
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#18]
What are the full markings?

May be for the overhead firing phase of the night assault course where they fire M-60's overhead during basic. Perhaps going through an extra step in QA to assure no under powered rounds that might drop on Joe Trainees head??

Good find, I'd put the overhead firing ones on e-bay and mark them as rare!
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey,

Do you mind e-mailing me his address also.
I'm located in NY.

Thanks .
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:25:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Federal has a packaging of 550X36 gr. copper coated hollow point loose packed.  Whenever I would find them on sale for 7.50-8.00 bucks a box I would pick up a box or two or three or four.  Since they were loose packed I decided to store them in ammo cans.  I made sure I had a can with a good seal.  Used a heavy mil zip locked bag, removed them from their boxes, labeled and dated them.  I could get 5 boxes (2750 rouds) per can without stuffing.  I'm satisfied with that method.  I do have the 50-100 round boxes of stingers, vipers, yellow jackets, cci's stored in ammo cans but still in their original boxes.  GI can?  The only way to store. (imho)

Glockonr
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top