Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 7:05:53 PM EDT
I want to stock up on ss109 ammo. Who is better Igman or hotshot?

P.S. Or is IMI the only way to go?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
IMI will be more expensive, but I would much rather take my chances with it, since it's been around long enough to be a known quantity. IMI is excellent ammo, it just kills me that Botach has been the only place to get it. I heard rumors a few months ago that another company was going to start selling it, but I have no idea if this is true.

I have read reports of a few people who have used Igman and so far I haven't seen any major problems. But I would still be a little cautious about purchasing ammo that hasn't been on the market very long or heavily used. And be sure to avoid Olympic like the plague. There have been numerous reports of terrible performance and quality with this stuff. As far as Hot Shot, I haven't used any or heard much said about it. So for now I'd just go with IMI. You will likely be happy if you do and have excellent ammo.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:33:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Widener's Reloading & Shooting Supply, Inc. will soon be carrying IMI ammo.

[url]www.wideners.com[/url]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:11:10 AM EDT
[#3]
That's it, Wideners was who I was thinking about. And that's a good thing because they are excellent people to deal with (unlike Botach). Thanks Raptor.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I want to stock up on ss109 ammo. Who is better Igman or hotshot?
View Quote

Same stuff, different paint.
The HotShot boxes are bigger, but more colorful.

Otherwise, great stuff at a good price.

Larry
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Before you stock up, you might want to run a few cases of each thru your particular gun(s).  The Hotshot stuff seems to have softer brass as they seem to have more ejection related dents.  The surplus Spanish SS109 was the best but seemed to have dried up.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah Im Glad that I saved 500rds of the SANTA BARBRA SS109  SUPER MATCH GRADE!!!WISH I could get a Fresh Batch??

I have some IMI M855/SS109 its good stuff and I also have Lake City M855 its good as well!

I think if you can Find FRESH M855/SS109 From

IMI
Sellier&Bellot
Hot Shot/Igman
Lake City from I Good friend
Santa Barbra would love a Fresh batch
You will be Okay with any of these!
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top