Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2003 2:51:55 AM EDT
Got a new case of Wolf today and, as mentioned elsewhere, the red sealant is gone.  In the past, when cleaning both my Mini-14 and Oly, the actions always had a lot of that red sealer on everything.  Looks like they still dip the primer area, bit this only extends up about 1/4 inch of the casing.  Lookig forward to shooting some in a couple of days.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Still haven't seen it in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
thats what all the Wolf I shot looks like
I was wondering about that issue when I opened the box
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Only a fool would shoot Wolf ammo through a weapon they cared about. Keep buying Wolf ammo, and shooting it through your preban AR. When your baby explodes or oops, just dont work no more, you have been forewarned. Remember you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:56:00 AM EDT
[#4]
You're such an idiot RU1096...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#5]
If your rifle runs on Wolf, then buy it by the case. If your rifle dosen't, then use something else. Wolf will not damage you rifle, and while it is dirty and smelly it's nothing that a good cleaning won't fix.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The red sealant is the least of my worries. I ran over 1000 rounds of Wolfy through my newest AR rifle and it has scuffed a small spot of the black anodizing off the case deflector. My god! I should have heeded all the warnings about Wolf, it does totally screw up the rifle, I can't shoot the thing in this condition, now I need a whole new upper receiver! When will I ever learn Wolf is bad stuff!
[whacko]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It just goes to show you guys.... I have yet to hear someone whine about Wolf in an AK. [pyro]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Long live the AK, Wolf eating S.O.B.!! [:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I hope the hell they dont stop putting the sealent in the 7.62x39mm and the 5.45x39mm rounds!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember most of the "My friends problems " with the Wolf ammo were the green lacqer on the case supposedly melting in a hot chamber then gumming it up after cooling. I put a case in a convection oven and the lacqer never got soft, it just blackned. I don't know if the red bullit to case sealant ever posed more than a neusance to people.
At least this shows Wolf does listen to " the people" and are trying to correct any problems. Thats more than Olympic has done.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#11]
thank you for your continued purchase of federal xm193 and q3131a. this keeps the us ammo makers happy and the price of barnaul and wolf down which keeps me happy. never mind the fact my rifle gobbels up the cheap stuff with ZERO problems and that i get to shoot twice as much ammo for the same money. oh well.

Quoted:
Only a fool would shoot Wolf ammo through a weapon they cared about. Keep buying Wolf ammo, and shooting it through your preban AR. When your baby explodes or oops, just dont work no more, you have been forewarned. Remember you get what you pay for.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I just can't stand the stench of the powder.  Maybe they could quit pissing in the mix or something.
Nasssty!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's right!  Nasty stuff.  If anybody has some at home I recommend that you not shoot it.  Just box it up and send it to me for proper disposal.

Fool
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The red sealant is the least of my worries. I ran over 1000 rounds of Wolfy through my newest AR rifle and it has scuffed a small spot of the black anodizing off the case deflector. My god! I should have heeded all the warnings about Wolf, it does totally screw up the rifle, I can't shoot the thing in this condition, now I need a whole new upper receiver! When will I ever learn Wolf is bad stuff!
[whacko]
View Quote

oooooooo . . . the sarcasm is just dripping off this one.  (HA)
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just can't stand the stench of the powder.  Maybe they could quit pissing in the mix or something.
Nasssty!
View Quote

[fart]
Amen There!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I need a new upper also.... so thats where that came from

scuffed a small spot of the black anodizing off the case deflector. [whacko]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#17]
only a fool would use it, huh?

my bushy / eagle arms EATS IT like there's no tomorrow.

been in the US Army for 4 years, have learned that jams, and weapons that "won't work" are a result of some moron not cleaning them.

'nuff said.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
only a fool would use it, huh?

my bushy / eagle arms EATS IT like there's no tomorrow.

been in the US Army for 4 years, have learned that jams, and weapons that "won't work" are a result of some moron not cleaning them.

'nuff said.
View Quote

I was an armorer for three and most jams I witnessed were crap magazine induced.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#19]
i had to replace my upper also because the wolf ate through the entire case deflector, i only fired 2 rounds through my rifle. that steel case stuff is rough on rifles. LOL!

i bought a case of the 55gr hp stuff from ammoman a couple of months ago and it is sealant free around the case mouth, i have never had a problem with wolf and im on my 8th case.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok wolf users listen up!
i have shot 8 cases of wolf 55gr through my bushmaster with no problems whatsoever, today i went shooting and had a case stick in the chamber. it wouldnt come out till i came home and tapped it out with a cleaning rod. i see no damage to my chamber or to the extractor, actually the steel case is softer than the extractor cause it ripped the edge off the case. the chamber was cleanbefore i left to shoot, closer inspection to the chamber i found a white powder(probably laquer residue)on the walls of the chamber.i shit, i couldnt believe i finally got bit, it happened on about the 100th round of the day, i had my other ar that i was testing some reloads in so it didnt ruin my day. i will keep shooting wolf since i see no damage other than my pride, also its cheap and the average failure is 1 in 8800 rounds, cant beat that.

wanted to tell you guys about it, it does happen, i know know.LOL!
no big deal though since its easy to tap out and clean the chamber.

I can honestly say it was the ammo on this failure, not the rifle since its the same rifle that ate 8800 rounds without a problem.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#21]
RU1096
NV,  USA

------------------------------------------------
We'll, it's official.  Wolf is bad.  The expert has spoken.  All bow to his power and knowledge!!!  Hail to RU1096!

Brad
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#22]
All i can say is that MOST AR problems can be attributed to:

1) failing to clean properly
2) poorly reloaded ammo

I had a friend who swore Wolf was killing his rifle so i asked him if i could take the rifle and ammo to the range.

Before i went i cleaned a LOT of black crap outts his weapon, lubed it with some CLP, and gave it a cleaning only my old drill Sgt would have ever looked twice at.  And still passed i'm sure ;)

Anyhow, went through 600 rounds on it without a problem... no complaints...
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top