Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2003 6:19:52 PM EDT
Just bought a case to try out. I usually shoot 3131a.Some of the lots where not sealed correctly,anyone know the scoop on this stuff?
If I like it, Ill buy a lot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a 5.56 ammo FAQ pinned up at the top of this page. The URL for the actual link is http://www.ammo-oracle.com/#m855yaw

About 3/4 or so down the page there is a comparison of several different brands of ammo dunked for an immersion test. I think it was Lake City 2001 ammo Lot 7 ONLY that was not sealed correctly. Anything else from Lake City should be sealed. This is NOT the case for all ammo from other (cheaper) brands however.

As for me, I have only shot Lake City M193 and love it. It is true M193-mil spec. Never had a problem with it. I am considering buying some Winchester Q3131A for myself, which is also supposed to be, according to the same FAQ, M193 milspec, but for some reason is about $25-30 cheaper per 1000.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#2]
As a side note, a couple of weeks ago at the end of NDIA's Small Arms Symposium, all the attendees took a tour of Lake City Army Ammunition Plant courtesy of ATK. Like many other GOCO facilities I've been to, the bulk of Lake City's machinery dates back to the 1960s. Interesting tour on the eight-step process on how they manufacture cases. They had so many carts filled with ammunition in 5.56 (XM193 & M855 belts loaded in SAW packs), 7.62, and .50 BMG. I felt like a kid in a candy store.  
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top