Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2003 6:49:24 PM EDT
I'm looking for the best ammo to put throught a colt 6700 1 in 9 twist,20 in barrel,  @ 55 grain and where to buy it.  I use winchester q3131a for fun.
thanks
JIM
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:24:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Best for what: Self defense?  Varmints?  Accuracy?

M193 spec ammo is probably the best all around choice.  I'd stick with the Q3131A, or try the Federal XM 193.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe this will answer your question.  Although your rifle may prefer something else.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12611[/img]

That group is out of a 16" chromoly M4 barrel using an Aimpoint CompM.  I think Georgia Precision may carry the ammo.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, nice group!

Quoted:
Maybe this will answer your question.  Although your rifle may prefer something else.

[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12611[/url]

That group is out of a 16" chromoly M4 barrel using an Aimpoint CompM.  I think Georgia Precision may carry the ammo.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:38:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  There's 5 rounds in that Mickey Mouse lookin' hole somewhere [;)]

There's still tons of other ammo I have yet to try.  Federal Supreme 50 grain HP wasn't much better than my Q3131A plinkin ammo.  I still need to experiment with some heavier weight bullets like Federal Match and some Black Hills fodder.  I can't imagine them getting any better than that group though.  But if I can find some ammo that will group almost as well without the expense ($17 per box of 25)i'll settle for that.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Iron sights or scope?  Either way just very, very good shooting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
What kinda' Mickey Mouse shootin' is zat!!

(Nice Work)
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top