Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 10:12:21 PM EDT
The new issue of Shotgun News advertises SA battlepacks for $52.99 per 300 rds., or $149.99 for 900 rds. Figures out to 17 cents a round for 300, or 16 cents a round for 900. The prices do not include shipping, but if anyone lives close enough to arrange pickup, they might save a little money.

Does this mean that the long-awaited May delivery of SA ammo has materialized, or is this just stuff hoarded until the price got high enough? Has anyone else heard of any SA for sale lately?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't those prices seem rather high compared to what they were in the last batch that came over?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:58:45 AM EDT
[#2]
When you can get [red]current production[/red] Q3131A or XM193 for that price...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:23:56 AM EDT
[#3]
For a penny a pop I can keep my money buying American.   I am cheap, as cheap as they come, but I just bought Federal for 20 cents and Winchester for 17 cents at local gunshops--will continue to do so unless the SA drops to under 40 a battlepack again.  Got 2 Fords, a Chevy and a Chrysler, but had to settle for a Yamaha hangin' on the boat, and that one foreign product irks me!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:31:54 AM EDT
[#4]
pequa1,
A lot of the Winchester stuff is actually made overseas.  Your Fords, Chevy, etc, actually has many subassemblies made in Asian, Europe, and Mexico.

The SGN ads have a 60 day lead time.  I would call to check as to availability.  The SA 2700rd tubs were going for $275-$350 last year so this pricing is a bit high.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't those prices seem rather high compared to what they were in the last batch that came over?
View Quote

That's why I wondered if the ammo was left over from the last shipment & they are just jacking up the prices. I can actually buy Q3131A for less than that, so why bother with SA?

Now maybe if/when Ammoman gets a new supply in, it will be worth buying.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The picture showed the clear battlepacks, if that makes a difference.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top