Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 12:26:53 AM EDT
Anyone know of a source for the Swiss .223 ammo?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ammoman.com
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont see any of it...he's been out of this stuff for awhile...

I miss that freaking ammo...it was accurate out of every AR I ever shot, and with my colt 1/7 barrel, it was grouping some insanely small spreads.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I am surprised, I thought he was out also.

Look under the odd lot page. There are 2 listings for it:

1700 ROUNDS (APPROX) SWISS 223 (63 GRAIN) AMMO.
WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR BACK IF IT'S 100 OVER OR 100 UNDER (WE WENT BY WEIGHT)
AND COMPENSATED FOR THE PLASTIC 4 1/2 POUND BIN.
COUNT SOLD "AS IS" NO GUARANTEE OF QUANTITY
$369 DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR IN THE BIN
Part Number #ODD-SW223-63GR

and

1030 (APPROX) SWISS 223 IN CAN. WE WENT BY WEIGHT SO BUY THE QUANTITY AS IS. 63 GRAIN AMMO. $199 FOR THE CAN OF ABOUT 1030 ROUNDs $199
Part Number #ODDLOT-SW223-63GR
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Zandor...your my hero :)

Oh and to everyone else, this ammo sucks...NEVER buy it, it goes bang really loud every single time you pull the trigger, puts the bullet exactly where you want it (like thats any fun!) and is incredibly clean and reliable. Who needs ammo like that?! Dont buy it.

More for me :)
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#5]
shot some of the swiss ammo over the weekend out of my stock 20" bushy Vmatch rifle.
Jesus, this stuff lives up to it's billing.  Barrel wear be damned (which i don't think will be a problem), but this stuff is more accurate than the federal 69 grain in my opinion.

Jesus, but the swiss put some quality and care into the manufacture of this stuff.
It's like I stumbled onto a nice big 1000 rd case of pristine 96 manufacture match ammo for 200 dollars delivered.

I hope to god that some of the newer GP90 with the standard copper jacket makes it onto the market surplused... the sooner the better.
AMMOMAN, if you can get some of this stuff, I'll buy a LOT of it.  Or... if you can make a deal with RUAG munitions to import some of their Swiss P Target .223 Rem (5.56 X 45mm) ammo, I can't imagine a better and more unique line of accurate .223/5.56 for the shooters who favor it, and if it were only to be found on Ammoman.com... Sign me up!  I tried emailing them but got nowhere, which is what I expected.

This is the link to the Ruag website and the ammo in question.  It's essentially GP90 spec, but the 69 gr bthp match bullet is used instead of the 63 grain military bullet.

http://www.swissmun.com/d/sport/index.htm

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad to hear the good feedback on this ammo. I bought a new Bushmaster Varminter and a 1000 rounds of the Swiss ammo from ammoman.com. I haven't been able to try out my rifle or the ammo yet.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I know we've talked about this before, so I'll be brief, but from what we managed to determine, the swiss ammo, which is 5.56 MM, is probably not the best choice for the varminter.
Also, beware that there are concerns that the copper/nickel jacket of the swiss stuff causes somewhat accellerated barrel wear.  I have 5 AR's, and have decided to only use it in one for this reason.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The first can of Swiss ammo I got from Ammoman was stamped 89. This is sub-moa ammo in my Kreiger barreled Colt and decided to purchase more as I will be using it for NRA HP shooting. I found out (3-4 weeks ago) that the last of this ammo was being sold by Eric and I ordered a can of the "loose". I received a US mil-spec can of the loose Swiss ammo which contained ammo stamped 84 and 85.

Has anyone shot either of these 2 years? Its all cruppo-nickle. I havent shot any of this but Im wondering if its better/worse/same as the 89 Did Ammoman ever get the 90s produced ammo that I think was copper jacketed?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm still looking for a ammo I like as well.  Nuff said, I guess.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top