Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 7:46:32 AM EDT
Hello to you all.  I'm new to posting here, but have been shooting for 40+ years.  I found 900 rounds of ammo and wonder if it is safe to shoot in my new RRA carbine (16" SS HBAR).  It is packed in 50 round, plain, tan colored cardboard boxes.  The top of the boxes are marked:

50 RDS
5.56MM  BALL
CJC  007B

The head is stamped at 10, 2 and 6 o'clock as follows:  C  J  93
I shot some of this yesterday and it has much more recoil than Winchester USA and the muzzle flash was almost blinding-like a bright photoflash.  Can anyone tell me anything about this ammo?  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably imported Norinco "C J" (People's Republic of China) 1993-manufactured .223 ammo.  55-grain bullet.

See this link:

[url]http://www.leclairdavis.com/catalogs/223.htm[/url]

Search for "C J" (with a space between the letters) on that page, using the Edit/Find menu options in your browser.

I've never used Norinco ammo, any opinions out there?

HTH,
Gabe
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I have some Norinco ammo that is stamped C J 6, I think you have Norinco there that is of a different lot.

No fact's, just observation.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are into reloading, its probably not a good idea to save the Norinco brass. I had some of this stuff, and the primer pockets were oversize after the first firing. Had the same thing with some 9mm Norinco as well. The stuff is loaded hot, which is great for blasting. Just not worth a hoot for reloading.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top