Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2002 4:49:30 PM EDT

Does anyone know if vacuum sealing ammo in plastic bags is a good idea for storage..I want to store some for hard times in case the libs ever seize power...and the price goes up 1000%  any ideas will help..thanks

Link Posted: 10/24/2002 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I never understood why anyone would go through the trouble of vacuum sealing their ammo.  With Dessicant in an ammo can with the temperature properly controlled, the ammo will be good for decades.  If the situation you discuss ever occured, you'd be better off learning how to load your own ammo, that way you'd have ammo for an almost indefinite period.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree that vacuum sealing is a bit overkill, unless you plan on taking your ammo white water rafting.

Ammo loaded in mags, stripper clips or still in the box, with a little dessicant will do just fine in a 50 cal ammo can.  I don't know if ammo cans are supposed to be 100% waterproof. I once threw one, fully loaded, into a swimming pool.  After sinking to the bottom of the deep end (10'), it was still dry inside.

But, if you still insist on vacuum sealing, Costco seems to have the best deal for a Foodsaver Pro.  I think it was about $120.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top