Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2004 8:19:31 AM EDT
Just Curious what Federal American Eagle ammo is like.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
It's brass colored, with a copper jacketed 55 grn. bullet, and comes in a blue and red box.........

There's a tacked topic above, in this forum that covers this question. See the Ammunition Reviews tacked above.

Mike

here's the direct link: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=171144

Placed up top especially for s like you......, welcome aboard
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What, you didn't think I'd actually TAKE the time to read before i posted a new thread did ya? Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#3]
also, what other ammo comes in .223 that i should take a look at?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, you can usually find some winchester, it is good, you can find it at Wal-Mart for a pretty good price. There is also Black Hills and Hornady, but these are usually too expensive for my taste. I do like American Eagle, it is federal ammo that is pretty cheap and it is a great round. I have also heard that they have started using Lake City Brass for it, so that is even better.  You can also try Wolf, but I wouldn't recommend it, espically if you want to collect the brass and sell it or reuse it, because Wolf has steel cases and is not reloadable. I would rather shoot brass, collect it, and the put it on E-Bay and get some more money to buy more bullets and then continue the cycle. Or if you have a friend that reloads, they may give you some if you bring them the brass.

If you gun has a 5.56 barrell, then I would defantly say go for some Q3131A or some XM193(Lake City) Ammo. Both are really great rounds and they are really cheap.

But the best advice I can give is to try out different ammo and see what you gun likes and then buy it.

I hope that this helps. Also the link that has already been suggested is great. hug.gif

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently purchased some American Eagle. The brass was headstamped LC 02 and 03.
The lot number is 32H646. Not what I expected, but a pleasant surprise.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top