Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2021 12:52:35 AM EDT
I want to build a 9mm with an 8 inch barrel and then Form 1 it to an SBR.  I've also been looking at putting a folding stock on it.

In the Before Times if you wanted a folding stock AR you had to get a Law Tactical adapter.  Now that Brownell's has come out with the adapter integrated into the lower is there any advantage of getting the complete lower?  It (now) costs a little more than the Law Tactical however you also get a lower.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-integrated-folding-lower-receiver-prod138643.aspx

How do you think the setup would work with an RDB bolt?  Also, would a hydraulic buffer would work in a folding adapter?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Price alone brought me to an immediate "fuck that" when the overlords sent me an advertisement for that.

I have the LAW folder, and I can move it to a different rifle whenever I want.  

YOu can see that special buffer has an extension.  If you use a shorter buffer of a different type, you can order a plug or simply put quarters in your tube for a spacer.

What happens if down the road, the hinge gets loose, and you are stuck with money blasted down range for a stamp?
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure to take a look at the Sylvan Arms adapter before you buy anything mentioned in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure to take a look at the Sylvan Arms adapter before you buy anything mentioned in this thread.
View Quote
Ewwww. You mean so you feel better about the law adapter?

That Sylvan arms version is super ugly and nowhere near as streamlined as law's design.

Barf

Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Law. I have one. I kinda wish I didn't but not enough to sell it. Seems crazy to stamp a lower that's not standard since you're paying the money to keep it forever.

the law is nice but with other platforms these days if I want something small I don't take the AR.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a few integral folders now, I think NFA was the first.  It's certainly cleaner than adapters on adapters, but if you're going to go to the trouble of SBRing it standard spec may be best.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ewwww. You mean so you feel better about the law adapter?

That Sylvan arms version is super ugly and nowhere near as streamlined as law's design.

Barf

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Sylvan-Arms-Gen-3-AR-Hinge-Folding-Stock-Adapter-13.jpg

View Quote

Why in heck are they putting those buffer tube nuts on backward, and what wrench are they using to tighten them? A standard three lug wrench won't work.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Why in heck are they putting those buffer tube nuts on backward, and what wrench are they using to tighten them? A standard three lug wrench won't work.
View Quote

probably a ninny doing photo and all hand tight from the looks of the extensions.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:24:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

That thing is the grossest firearm accessory since the TAC-SAC.

2 castle nuts?  That extra piece of threaded tube between the receiver and the actual adapter?  Why just why?
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top