Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2012 5:19:03 PM EDT
Hi everybody,

I was thinking about doing a 9mm Build with a New Frontier lower receiver but I have two questions concerning mag blocks.

1. Does anyone have experience with the Promag 9mm Magblock and how well it works?

2. Has anyone tried the Hahn Precision Sten adapter?

Here is a link to the Sten Adapter I saw.
Link Posted: 9/17/2012 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I am currently building a 9mm as well.

1. Dont know first hand but there is a post on here where it was working fine but the guy had an OOB and the block didnt make it.

2. That sten adapter is for the Olympic arms pattern guns. Wont work with the Colt pattern guns. (Spikes. CMMG, RRA , JSE, and etc)

I am still looking for a spikes block, I need a bottom loader as I have a dedicated slide fire lower that it will be used on as well. But may just get the RRA adapter if I cant find one in the next couple of days.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a Hahn adapter for using Sten mags in my 9mm AR. Works great.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I ended up getting a Hahn bottom loader for $180, should be here today.
Link Posted: 9/20/2012 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a promag block on my 9mm.  I ended up selling the gun.  It worked flawlessly and I never had an issue with it.  The guy who had the OOB discharge was rapid firing at the time (granted it shouldn't matter) but he didn't have complaints about it before it broke.  I was trying to build a cheap 9mm which I did.  Had fun with it for a couple range sessions then sold it to get something else.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I almost bought a Promag block - the price was very attractive - until I found out that it was made with a plastic body.  I decided to hold off, and read people's reviews, and I have seen very few positives and plenty of negatives.
Link Posted: 9/21/2012 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't listen to all the haters.  What could possibly be negative about a $35 mag block?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What could possibly be negative about a $35 mag block?

If it doesn't work
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 6:05:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never owned anything Pro-mag that worked.  I whole-heartedly see them as a money-pit for failures and a disservice to all consumers.

With that said, I realize you have the lower already.  Hahn has a good reputation, you'll probably be ok with it provided you have good magazines.  Stick with metalforms.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What could possibly be negative about a $35 mag block?

If it doesn't work

For a response, I was debating between "this man knows not what he speaketh" or "wat'chu talkin'  'bout Willis?", but couldn't decide on just one...

I think those that have used them will all tell you that the $35 block does work.  How well it will work over time and under all conditions is still open for debate.

For those that are contemplating a $35 block, I highly suggest pairing it up with a low budget plum crazy lower and C...hea...P mags...  In for a penny, in for a pound.  Right?
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 12:21:02 PM EDT
[#10]
To be honest I hadn't heard much about them, good or bad, but had kind of lumped them in with the old C Products plastic ones, but there again, at $35 there's not much at stake, it might be nice to have a spare, although for my last 9mm, I found it cheaper to buy a CMMG dedicated lower, than an Aluminum $150 magwell block for an existing lower.
Link Posted: 9/24/2012 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
<snip> ...for my last 9mm, I found it cheaper to buy a CMMG dedicated lower, than an Aluminum $150 magwell block for an existing lower.

CMMG integrated lowers are under $150 now?   That's not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a 9mm ProMag mag block
It works Great... I've run about  1,000 rounds thru it...
The only problem I experienced when I first test fired I tried some flat nosed 9mm rounds  they just didn't feed well I switched to round nose bullets then my gun worked flawless..
A well spent $35
It has Lifetime warranty..

I just built another 9mm AR decided to go dedicated lower so  I'm using Double Diamond, looks really nice with properly sized Mag well..
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top