Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 2:20:01 PM EDT
I just have a question about the bolt catch while using a Spike's Tactical conversion kit. When I use the bolt catch to hold open the bolt in the conversion kit it only holds it open about 1/4" or so. Is this normal? Is there anyway to make it hold the bolt further back or is this just inherent with the design of the kit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
its the design, bolt catch is non functional. you can get followers that hold the bolt open after last round
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
its the design, bolt catch is non functional. you can get followers that hold the bolt open after last round

Yep, the AR bolt catch does not function with the conversion kits.

With the followers that hold the bolt open after the last round, the bolt will close after the mag is released. It's just a way to prevent dry fires.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:46:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, the AR bolt catch does not function with the conversion kits.

With the followers that hold the bolt open after the last round, the bolt will close after the mag is released. It's just a way to prevent dry fires.

This
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you very much. I didn't think that the catch would actually work based on the way it works with a real BCG but I figured I'd ask.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top