Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 12:33:14 PM EDT
DONE! Easier than I thought, although I do like schematics and would still like a reference if anyone has a link. (I blew out the extractor from a Colt AR-15 22lr conversion unit due to an out of battery discharge. I ordered new parts from Conversion Cartridge Supply, LLC (Dan is a great guy and provides fast service) but now I need a schematic or instructions. I have successfully removed the firing pin assembly, but would appreciate instructions on how to replace these parts. Has anyone a link to a schematic? Or Instructions? )...Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a schematic but the extractor is held in place by a spring and detent like the Ruger 10-22.  To install the extractor you need to push the spring and detent into the channel in the side of the bolt.  Use a small punch or nail to hold the detent and spring back in the channel.  You then rock the extractor into the open hole in front of the detent.  You then  remove the punch which allows the detent to spring forward.  The detent goes into a corresponding notch in the rear of the extractor which holds the extractor in place.  It is easier to replace the extractor if you drift the rear cross pin out which holds the recoil spring guide (the cross pin keeps the recoils spring guide from working loose and backing out).   Once the roll pin is removed you can use a screw driver to remove the recoil spring guide screw and spring.  Once the recoil spring is removed its a lot easier to work on the extractor.   Brownell's has a schematic of the Ruger 10-22 depicting the extractor spring and detent.  From past experience the extractor spring and detent are referred to as go to hell spring/detents.  Usually the spring or detent gets shot across the room and bounces around (like where the hell did that thing go).  Its best to work in a clean room or reassemble in a box because if the spring or detent takes off they are very difficult to find!

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top