Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2009 8:21:20 PM EDT
I have an upper receiver and I think I want to maybe make it into a dedicated 22 lr. upper since I already have a spike's tactical conversion kit.  Where can I find a barrel to put on it and about how much will it cost?  Which barrel gives the most bang for the buck?  I will be using it for mostly plinking but maybe some steel or side shoots.  Any recommendations and input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 10:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Spike's, Model 1, and Kurt's (Kurt's Kustom Firearms) all make dedicated .22lr barrels. I'm not sure who has what in stock right now though. I know the Model 1 barrels are $180 and Kurt's start at $225, not sure about Spike's.  Best bang for the buck would prob. go to Model 1. Ask around and search for reviews of each though
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 6:11:24 AM EDT
[#2]
You'll need a barrel from either Spikes or M1S, and a collar to replace the chamber adapter.  I think Spikes has plans to sell these collars as a separate item, but I don't think they are not doing so yet.  M1S sells them for about $35, but YMMV as far as it fitting the Spikes bolt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:14:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Spike's, Model 1, and Kurt's (Kurt's Kustom Firearms) all make dedicated .22lr barrels. I'm not sure who has what in stock right now though. I know the Model 1 barrels are $180 and Kurt's start at $225, not sure about Spike's.  Best bang for the buck would prob. go to Model 1. Ask around and search for reviews of each though

Spike's barrels are 185.00 + a dedicated chamber adapter.  Call Spike's for the barrel and adapter, because they do not list them on their site.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top