Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 4:47:35 PM EDT

Hey guys I hate to brag but I am going to.  My model 1 Sales arrived the other day.  I put it on top of my CY6 lower.  It is a tack driver and I have to tell you that this is going to cost me a lot of money in ammo.   It took a long time for my upper to arrive, which was agony as my lower sat in the corner for a couple of months.  

I have to tell you the upper works very well, cycles everytime and it well worth the wait and money.  I went with the Model 1 because of the 20' barrel.  My CY6 lower is also awsome and well worth the money.  Randy at Territorial GunsmithsTHANKS!

Now it is time to throw a few more rounds down range.

Menlo
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this a .22 upper or something?
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
My Model 1 22LR 20 inch A2 HBAR upper just arrived too!

I ordered it October 15th, arrived today.  Not too shabby :-)

I haven't fired it yet, but the fit and finish so far are pretty good.  It came completely dry, so after oiling the bolt assembly it is hand-cycling pretty smoothly.  I will have to wait until the weekend to fire it :-(

It came with a set of hammer/trigger springs.  Are they heavier or lighter than normal?  Is a stiffer set of springs required for 22LR?

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes this is a dedicated .22 upper for a mil spec AR-15 lower.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I also received the extra spings.  I called Model 1 and they indicated that some standard lower springs are too heavy, thus they cause some malfunctions.  Model 1 figures that they will head off some issues by sending the extra set of springs just in case.  I am lucky and my gunsmith build up my lower with a lighter set of springs to help the trigger pull.  Mine has had no problems and cycles smoothly.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top