BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/25/2006 1:53:51 PM EDT
If so, how many rounds did it take?
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You might be better off asking at "rimfirecentral" what it takes to shoot out a 22LR barrel...   Ricks barrels is correct bore for 22LR.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]
in short, the answer is no

it would take hundreds off thousands of rounds to wear one out. the only way to mess up a 22 bbl is by improper cleaning
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't shoot out a .22lr barrel, but it sure is fun trying to.
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got 19000 plus rounds through a Kurts Kustom Firearms dedicated .22 barrel, and I'm seeing no signs of degrading accuracy.  I expect it will last longer than me.

I'd think that Kuehl's barrels would be similar.....

Brad
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 4:29:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey you might want to check out this older thread I posted on my .22 AR pistol.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=296365
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 7:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]
You do realize that you are pushing LEAD down a barrel!
O.K. I had to say that...sorry!

I agree with the cleaning issue, you would probably do more to damage your barrel with misuse of cleaning agents and stiff bronze brushes that with your ammo.

I can say that I have shoot over 600 rounds of 9MM as fast as I could load into my mags and the barrel still looked great before I cleaned it. (Very dirty but looking good)
When I was done I had a fun time getting all the built up lead out of the rifling.
What I was surprised by was how much copper fouling was found Under the lead.
Previous owner of the upper did not clean it correctly and it was one blue patch after another till the barrel was spotless.

Clean your upper correctly and you will get a hell of a lot of use out of it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 8:48:13 AM EDT
[#7]
His barrels are 4140.  Shooting out the barrel with rimfire would be the least of my worries.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
His barrels are 4140.  Shooting out the barrel with rimfire would be the least of my worries.

ust cheking ro see if I needed a spare barrel for my three.  I don't, it seems.

So, I can get a few more spare parts (springs, firig pins, extractors) and more 30-round mags.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top