Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/19/2006 11:13:08 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone out there uses a standard A3 upper with their 9mm build? Do you have any ejection issues? Does the brass fly into your face or do you get more gas in the face.

Thanks,

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was wondering if anyone out there uses a standard A3 upper with their 9mm build? Do you have any ejection issues? Does the brass fly into your face or do you get more gas in the face.

Thanks,

Bomber

I have an OLY A3 with NO issues, runs like a champ.  Throws the brass just fine.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

Bomber

I have an OLY A3 with NO issues, runs like a champ.  Throws the brass just fine.

I have the new CMMG chrome lined barrel on a standard A3 upper.....runs great...no brass or gas in my face...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
you can always put a 9mm case deflector on a standard upper receiver... without it, ejected cases tend to go back at about a 45 degree angle IIRC, bad for lefties.   I have also noticed the case deflector tends to collect a lot of carbon/powder residue, I presume most of that would be going back at the shooter as well.  I have shot a little with a 9mm with no deflector but not extensively.

the new bushmaster carbon 9mm's have no deflector, I've wondered about their ejection pattern.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you can always put a 9mm case deflector on a standard upper receiver... without it, ejected cases tend to go back at about a 45 degree angle IIRC, bad for lefties.   I have also noticed the case deflector tends to collect a lot of carbon/powder residue, I presume most of that would be going back at the shooter as well.  I have shot a little with a 9mm with no deflector but not extensively.

the new bushmaster carbon 9mm's have no deflector, I've wondered about their ejection pattern.

Not to hijack this thread but since Gamma mentioned it, will an Oly run with a 9mm case/gas deflector?  I read recently that it was the cause to one guys ejection problems with an Oly.  Anyone out there running a case/gas deflector with an Oly?  Thanks, Wj
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top